Windows 7 Installation is NOT continue

satan

Hello,

I have same problem like guys before me but with one different. My PC is after first restart turned OFF or maked menu with

start in safe mode
start in safe mode with command
blah blah
start normaly

I maked clean instalation on my 160GB Hitachi Sata2 disk. Only 1 disk and 1 partition, but after first restart setup in not continued. I try to install this WIn at my Friend and is working good. Then HDD must be OK.
Hitachi wrote - sata2 disk is suported automaticly at windowses.

My PC:

Asus M2NPV-VM
GeForce 8600GT
Sata2 Hitachi 160GB
A-data 2x 1GB RAM 667 Mhz

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit RC1 7057 and the same problem Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit 7000

Please help me

Last edited:
Hi.

Yes this windows 7 and vista installation seems to be " in hands of spirits ":D for someone anyway.
Have you disconnected every USB hardware except keyboard and mouse?

I was planning to try removing 2 gigs of RAM leaving only " gigs for install procedure. So, i did that. I removed them. Started my PC and was going try to boot into XP first that i have as primary OS.
Everything was fine untill the Microsoft logo appeard. The HDD stopped reading and nothing happened. I tried to reboot, same thing. I thought "what the ****" The HDD had wierd noice. It appeard that my hardddrive had broken down:( So now i'm leaving the windows 7 installation for a while.

Hello,

I have same problem like guys before me but with one different. My PC is after first restart turned OFF or maked menu with

start in safe mode
blah blah
start normaly

I maked clean instalation on my 160GB Hitachi Sata2 disk. Only 1 disk and 1 partition, but after first restart setup in not continued. I try to install this WIn at my Friend and is working good. Then HDD must be OK.

My PC:

Asus M2NPV-VM
GeForce 8600GT
Sata2 Hitachi 160GB

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit RC1 7057 and the same problem Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit 7000

Please help me

Hello,

start in safe mode
blah blah
start normaly

My PC:

Asus M2NPV-VM
GeForce 8600GT
Sata2 Hitachi 160GB

Please help me

I don't think there are any known issues specifically with sata 2 drives , in fact I have 1 HD sata 1 and another sata 2 working np :)

did you press return to continue the install and if so what happened, did you get an error message :confused:

a walk through with full detail will give you the best chance of any help ;)

Partition the HDD

After zillions of MS/Linux re-installs............

Burn a Linux distro, PCLinuxOS 2009 Gnome comes to mind. Pop in the disk, use GParted to delete your entire drive, format it to NTFS, resize it to say....138 gig left to right, label it MS7. Resize again 3 gig right of MS7, label it PageFile. Right of PageFile. Delete the remaining. Format to ext3. Resize to all but 1.5 gig., label it Linux. Right of Linux. Delete that 1.5. Format that to linux-swap, name it Swap. Pop in Win7 or whatever MS. Use the pagefile partition through computer management setup...! Reboot a couple times, just for kicks. Pop in that Linux animal. Dual boot and have fun. Oh, by the way. If at all possible, dunno..... how many/type of partitions can be set on one HDD, but it'd be nice to give MS maybe 20-30 gig only, all the rest NTFS for backup where you keep all your goodies. What I do is, 60 gig triple boot, 320 gig pagefile and NTFS backup. (I don't even know if four partitions are "allowed" on one hdd, as I always have had pagefile on 320 gig hdd.) Yea, 1)XP, 2)Linux or test Win7, 3)Linux, 4)linux-swap is four...... duh.....my bad......

The GParted can do all those operations at once..... but I find that for some reason...... a step to step like this works best to clear out that drive. Some how the 60 gig shows as 63.8...... but all at once...... 58.6...........

Asus, AMD, Cosair, Maxtor, Seagate, Nvidia, D-Link, MS, Logitech, HP all function just great...... with PCLinuxOS and XPpro........... itchy & scratchy w/Win7.

Last edited:

After zillions of MS/Linux re-installs............

Burn a Linux distro, PCLinuxOS 2009 Gnome comes to mind. Pop in the disk, use GParted to delete your entire drive, format it to NTFS, resize it to say....138 gig left to right, label it MS7. Resize again 3 gig right of MS7, label it PageFile. Right of PageFile. Delete the remaining. Format to ext3. Resize to all but 1.5 gig., label it Linux. Right of Linux. Delete that 1.5. Format that to linux-swap, name it Swap. Pop in Win7 or whatever MS. Use the pagefile partition through computer management setup...! Reboot a couple times, just for kicks. Pop in that Linux animal. Dual boot and have fun. Oh, by the way. If at all possible, dunno..... how many/type of partitions can be set on one HDD, but it'd be nice to give MS maybe 20-30 gig only, all the rest NTFS for backup where you keep all your goodies. What I do is, 60 gig triple boot, 320 gig pagefile and NTFS backup. (I don't even know if four partitions are "allowed" on one hdd, as I always have had pagefile on 320 gig hdd.) Yea, 1)XP, 2)Linux or test Win7, 3)Linux, 4)linux-swap is four...... duh.....my bad......

The GParted can do all those operations at once..... but I find that for some reason...... a step to step like this works best to clear out that drive. Some how the 60 gig shows as 63.8...... but all at once...... 58.6...........

Asus, AMD, Cosair, Maxtor, Seagate, Nvidia, D-Link, MS, Logitech, HP all function just great...... with PCLinuxOS and XPpro........... itchy & scratchy w/Win7.

Hi. It is solved. Problem was only in RAM. I have 2x 1GB RAM 667Mhz DDR2.

But 1 is A-data and second is Apacer. I get out A data and after this installation was finished

Back