Windows 7 Installation Issues ... loss of video

JFAZ

Hi everyone I have an issue here that I cannot figure out. Win7 64 RC1 on install seems to be going just fine with Copying files, expanding files, etc.. the when it gets to the completing installation section the computer resets like normal and windows starts writting registry files, etc, then the computer resets again, but this time no video comes back on my monitor and it says no signal. I've left it for hours just to see if it would come back and it will not. I tried resetting it and the same thing happens. I'm only using a 8800 GT 512MB card for the install, so I'm not sure what the problem is. Does anyone have any suggestions or help for me. I'm at a stand still now.

Ok as an update to this issue. I have tried everything possible from re-downloading and re-burning at the slowest speeds possible to taking out RAM and only going with 2GB instead of 4GB. I have also tried to only install it on one hard drive (sata) instead of a Raid0 configuration as well as even tried the 32 bit version instead of the 64 bit one. I even went into the BIOS and set everything back to defaults in an attempt to make this work. I have no idea what else to do here Anyone have any suggestions for me? Please help.

Does your motherboard have built-in video? If so, remove the Nvidia card for now and get everyhting loaded using the onboard video, then add the card and drivers in afterward.

If no onboard video, check your video settings in the BIOS.

Back