Windows Vista Installation Problems of Windows Vista Beta 2

rayferns

Hi,

I am having installation problems of MS Vista Beta 2 downloaded from Microsoft MSDN.
-Windows Vista Beta 2 (x86) - DVD (English)

I had a dual boot of Windows XP SP2 and Windows Vista Beta1 (starts up first)
System specification are:
Compaq Deskpro EN Series, Intell Pentium II, 349MHz, 256MB Ram, 9GB disk space.

Tried several times...
1) Installation from a PC with Windows XP SP2 on it

See attached error message.

2) Installing Vista from a Bootable DVD

I get the Blue screen of death message saying….

"
The BIOS in this system is not fully ACPI compliant. Please Contact your system vendor for and updated BIOS

0x000000A5 (0x00000002, 0x805DF7A0, 0X8232F008, 0X806D7A28)"

Did anyone come across these problems when installing Beta 2?

Next thing I did was formatted c:\ using Windows XP SP2 to remove Vista Beta 1 and installed Windows XP SP2. I get the same error message as before, when I click the Install Now button.

Any suggestion as to what I should do? Can I still keep the other half of my previously installed Windows XP SP2 and install Windows Vista Beta 2 on top of the newly installed Windows XP SP2 as an upgrade?

Please advice.

Thanks,

Ray

For Windows XP try this:

When it asks to hit F6 for SCSI/RAID driver hit "F5" instead. Pick "Standard PC". Your computer may not be compliant with ACPI. I do not know if there is an option for this in the Windows Vista install, but it will (and has worked) in Windows XP clean install.

In response to your question, you must do a clean install of Windows Vista Beta (upgrade will not work).

I gave up with the Compaq PII PC, I have been trying to install Vista on another machine:

Dell Optiplex GX1

Pentium III 500MHz, 256MB RAM, previous OS- RedHat 9.0

I get a different error message whilst booting from the Vista DVD.

A ‘Windows Boot Manager’ screen appears with some text saying.

“Status: 0xc0140019

Info: Windows failed to load because the ACPI firmware (BIOS) RSDP Table is invalidâ€ÂÂ￾

I did a search on google for the status number and found this.

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Last test would be installing Windows XP Pro SP2 and see if Vista can be installed on top of WinXP Pro. If this does not work, then I will have to install Vista on another Dell machine.

Ray

I gave up with the Compaq PII PC, I have been trying to install Vista on another machine:

Dell Optiplex GX1

Pentium III 500MHz, 256MB RAM, previous OS- RedHat 9.0

I get a different error message whilst booting from the Vista DVD.

A ‘Windows Boot Manager’ screen appears with some text saying.

“Status: 0xc0140019

Info: Windows failed to load because the ACPI firmware (BIOS) RSDP Table is invalidâ€ÂÂ￾

I did a search on google for the status number and found this.

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Last test would be installing Windows XP Pro SP2 and see if Vista can be installed on top of WinXP Pro. If this does not work, then I will have to install Vista on another Dell machine.

Ray
The systems that you are trying to install Vista on don't seem to meet the minimum requirements for running the OS. You need at least a 800Mhz machine with 512Mb RAM to run Vista. the errors that you are coming up with seem to be a conflict with how you BIOS is handling the system bus (front & back), in addition to how the Processor address your RAM. you should get a P4(intel), Duron-800MHz(amd), or better to handle the data throughput that Vista wants to accomplish.
Reference: Link Removed due to 404 Error

Back