Windows 7 Installed programs are missing and ReadyBoost isn't available!

DemonParia

Okay, I'm stumped.

When I go under "Uninstall a Program", most of my programs aren't even there. At all. It shows 25 of them, when I have much, much more. I can still use all of my programs (I'm pretty sure!), so what's up with THAT?

Secondly, I can't use ReadyBoost on my flash drive anymore. Funny thing is, the cache file thing is still on the drive and I can't delete it, so I can't use the drive. When I try to eject or format it, it just won't let me. (Says that the system is using it, which makes me think that ReadyBoost is WORKING, it just can't be modified.)
ReadyBoost isn't under the properties tab, and I already tried the 'fix' with seeing if some service was running. It was. I have no idea why these two problems are happening.

I've had this computer for two months, and it's really high quality. Alienware PC.

Help would be EXTREMELY appreciated.

Have you tried pressing F8 when booting and then choosing from the on screen menu 'Last good known cofiguration'?

Hmm... you could try running the system file checker?
If you unsure of the procedure I'll repeat it here. Right-click on command prompt and run as admin'. Then type:

sfc /scannow

Then enter. The file checker will run and if anything amiss is found it will attempt to repair.

Turn off readyboost. It probably slows down your system anyway. Testing shows that hard drivers are many times faster than USB.

sysmain.dll part of Superfetch Service Host must be messed up. any chance you have a virus?

1739 kb file date 7/13/09

Could you try formatting the USB drive on another computer? You should be able to do so there.
After that, you can re-enable the device as a ReadyBoost cache device on your PC.
As for your programs, you should make sure they are certified for Windows 7.
Navigating to the program directory in the start menu may give you uninstall options for some of them.

Probably not. I have Kaspersky Internet Security and scan regularly.

Any chance you could give me the sysmain.dll, or is it different for each person? o_O

I have no idea.

EDIT: And I'm trying that scan thing right now, and will post the results next time I'm online.

No. See, you misunderstand. I press properties, and the option JUST ISN'T THERE FOR READYBOOST.

I have another flash drive that I don't use for ReadyBoost, and when I went into properties I couldn't configure ReadyBoost options because the tab wasn't there.

Back