Windows 7 Installing Chrome browser on a Windows 7 IE 11 computer

spetho2001

Honorable Member
Can anyone help me with the installation of the Chrome browser on a Windows 7 SP1 with Internet Explorer desktop computer? I would like to try it but a year or so ago I installed Chrome and I had an awful time with my computer. It really slowed down and had mouse lag. I could not figure out what was wrong so I uninstalled Chrome and it returned to normal. After the fact I found out that a couple of the, checked by default, settings in Chrome were PROBABLY the problem. The two settings enabled by default are under Chrome>Settings>System> “Continue running background apps when Google Chrome is closed”, and also “Use hardware acceleration when available”. two of the setting that are enabled by default. They are under Chrome>Settings>System> Continue running background apps when Google Chrome is closed. and also Use Hardware acceleration when available. two of the setting that are enabled by default. They are under Chrome>Settings>System> Continue running background apps when Google Chrome is closed. and also Use Hardware acceleration when available. two of the setting that are enabled by default. They are under Chrome>Settings>System> Continue running background apps when Google Chrome is closed. and also Use Hardware acceleration when available. However I never reinstalled Chrome. I am suffering with IE 11. I need an updated browser without installing Windows 10 and Edge. Has anyone had the same experience installing Chrome? Thank you, TomS

I would like to try it but a year or so ago I installed Chrome and I had an awful time with my computer. It really slowed down and had mouse lag. ...

There have been many new versions of Google Chrome released since then. You should definitely try it. If you have problems again you can uninstall it.

Back