Windows 7 installing paragon partition manager bsod

snmp

now windows build 7000 x86 refuses to boot, it hangs on startup screen with logo just flashing for hours.
now im stuck, the startup manager attempts to repair errors but it just fails again when it reboots.

...why would you install that in the first place?
7's built in partition manager is more than adequate.

try unninstalling "paragon partition manager" in safe mode ;)

Easus partition manager 3.0 is working well in my win 7.7048 install 64 bit :cool:

Last edited:
because macdrive refuses to work on win 7, and i needed to assign a drive letter to the disk, it was recommended in another thread, but the system haulted and crashed while i was trying to install it.

there is no safe mode it just hangs its like the partition has disappeared

UPDATE

seems the partition is unrecoverable, ive tried several different kinds of rescue programs from dos, but nothing has worked yet, i can see the partition as unallocated space but cant do anything with it, any suggestions

Last edited:
because macdrive refuses to work on win 7, and i needed to assign a drive letter to the disk, it was recommended in another thread, but the system haulted and crashed while i was trying to install it.

there is no safe mode it just hangs its like the partition has disappeared

UPDATE

seems the partition is unrecoverable, ive tried several different kinds of rescue programs from dos, but nothing has worked yet, i can see the partition as unallocated space but cant do anything with it, any suggestions

do you have any critical files on that drive ?

do you have any other hard drive you can use ?

well theres things i would like on it, but nothing i couldnt live without or reacquire.
but as far as formatting the drive it wont let me do that either....

i just purchased another hdd, to upgrade the previous stock one.
this was a laptop hdd, so i bought a much better one, i can recover the data off of this one at a latter date, just didnt want to go through the reinstall hassle, oh well. thanks anyways for the replies

Last edited:
well theres things i would like on it, but nothing i couldnt live without or reaquire.
but as far as formatting the drive it wont let me do that either....

I meant outside of the windows environment boot from dvd ?

or install an earlier operating system onto a seperate drive , pick of the files you want to keep then clean fromat and start over ;)

hope this helps

ok so earlier today i ran into thesame problem installing paragon and it crashed my windows 7. so this is how i recovered all my files. now this does require booting another os from cd/dvd, i used ubuntu and it worked fine. let me mount my partition and transfer my files to another internal hd then reformat the partition. again i hope this helps :)

Back
Top Bottom