Windows 7 Installing Service under Windows 7

Hena

Sorry for posting this in the wrong thread but I'm not able to find where exactly this would go.

Brief outline of my problem; I have created a Windows Service using VS2008 Professional that installs no problem under Windows XP using InstallUtil <service_name.exe> - The same code branch and attempting to use the same installation method under Windows 7 is ginving me headaches and I've spet the better part of 3 days trying to resolve this.

Snippet from the Service Install Log as below:

Code:
Installing assembly 'c:\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\NewService\NewService\bin\Debug\NewService.exe'.

Affected parameters are:
   logtoconsole = 
   assemblypath = c:\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\NewService\NewService\bin\Debug\NewService.exe
   logfile = c:\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\NewService\NewService\bin\Debug\NewService.InstallLog

Installing service NewService...

Creating EventLog source NewService in log Application...
Rolling back assembly 'c:\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\NewService\NewService\bin\Debug\NewService.exe'.

Affected parameters are:
   logtoconsole = 
   assemblypath = c:\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\NewService\NewService\bin\Debug\NewService.exe
   logfile = c:\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\NewService\NewService\bin\Debug\NewService.InstallLog
Restoring event log to previous state for source NewService.
An exception occurred during the Rollback phase of the System.Diagnostics.EventLogInstaller installer.

System.Security.SecurityException: The source was not found, but some or all event logs could not be searched.  Inaccessible logs: Security.

An exception occurred during the Rollback phase of the installation. This exception will be ignored and the rollback will continue. However, the machine might not fully revert to its initial state after the rollback is complete.
If anyone can help me figure out a way to get around this I'd be greatly appreciative... I don't want to do this from the VS command line as this is going to have to be packaged in an installer onto client machines.

TIA
Brendon

Back
Top Bottom