Windows 7 Installing the New Windows 7

ibanezfreak

I am using a secondary account to get the windows 7 into a disc...but, i don't know the password of the admin acc and so i'm kinda stuck...

I am thinking of getting it downloaded on another com and installing it into the one with the admin pw...But, when i install the windows 7 program, will i have to type in the Admin pw anywhere? Or will the program just scrape all the old stuff and just restart everything from new?

Hello and Welcome to Windows7forums.. ;)

Are you looking to do a clean install (as in wipe your HDD clean and start fresh) or an Upgrade (as in just install Windows 7 over top of your current OS, keeping your settings intact)..?

i'm currently using the windows 7 RC...If i download the newer one from the web, won't i be completely deleting all the info in the RC i have now?

I'm pretty sure i'm not going upgrade but instead completely re-do the whole com. So with that, will i need the Admin pw?

Thanks

If your doing a clean install than no you won't need the old Admin password as it will be erased once you format.. ;) I'd strongly suggest doing a backup of all your personal files prior to the clean install though.. just in case.. ;)

Back