Windows 10 installing windows 10

Bejli

So i got new laptop wich came with a pre installed ubuntu. It had many issues and i wasn't able to fix them with ubuntu's latest update so i decided to stick with windows. It's been a while since i last used a computer to format an os, so i got lost with the steps. What do i need exactly to put windows 10 as my os? Do i need a cd or just install it from browser? Do i need to install a previous windows, because it said that windows 10 comes free for anyone with windows 7 installed? Do i have to pay for any action? Sorry just a newbie with these updates.

If it did not come with Windows 10 then you likely do not have a Windows license. The first step would be to buy one. They should run around $100. There are sites that will sell them really cheap, but in my opinion these licenses legitimacy is questionable. You can download the Windows 10 media creation tool here; however with Ubuntu you may need to install wine first to use the tool or use a friends computer. From a terminal on Ubuuntu you can install wine with sudo apt install wine. With the media tool you can create a bootable Windows install USB and boot to that and simply follow the prompts to install Windows.

If in ubuntu the media creation tool site will lead to direct iso downloads., one you have the iso use the usb startup creation tool to put the iso to usb.

Back