Windows 7 Installing Windows 7 OEM Preinstallation Kit (OPK)

kgarrett67

I am trying to install Windows 7 OEM Preinstallation Kit (OPK) on a system with Windows 7 Professional. During the installation process, I get a message that pops up that says to "Please insert the disk: Windows OEM Preinstallation Kit CD". I am lost at this point. What other CD should there be? I have run the StartCD.exe file from a memory stick and from a DVD. I have run the wOPKX86.msi file as well. I get the same message either way that I try to install the software. I cannot find any documentation from Microsoft that provides step by step instructions. It seems that it should just simply install. Any ideas????

Thanks

Cybercore, thanks, but I've already went through all that stuff and found nothing. It basically tell you to install the program and after you install the program what to do next. I'm looking for actual step by step installation instructions that would address what if's as the process of installing moves along.

During the installation process, I get a message that pops up that says to "Please insert the disk: Windows OEM Preinstallation Kit CD".

You downloaded the OPK image, burnt it to a DVD, started the installation and soon got that message, correct? If you have several dvd drives in your system, you may want to insert the disk into a different one. Maybe also, verify that you downloaded the right image.

Or try this way: insert the opk disk, wait, right-click on it in the explorer, from the context menu choose install/autorun (whatever appears). A chance you are running the installation from the wrong executable.

Back
Top Bottom