Windows 7 Installing Windows 7 on my current computer, uninstallling, then installing on a new computer

advancedcu

Here's my situation,

I am thinking about doing a complete upgrade to Windows Vista Ultimate FULL VERSION. If I install a retail version on my current computer. Can I uninstall it and install it on any new computer I buy WITHOUT having to call Microsoft to do it? If I bought a new license, could I do it without buying the software again or would I have to buy a whole new Windows 7 Ultimate retail package to install it on my new computer. Yes, I know that Windows 7 will come pre-installed on any new computer, but I like to have the DVD.

Here's my situation,

I am thinking about doing a complete upgrade to Windows Vista Ultimate FULL VERSION. If I install a retail version on my current computer. Can I uninstall it and install it on any new computer I buy WITHOUT having to call Microsoft to do it? If I bought a new license, could I do it without buying the software again or would I have to buy a whole new Windows 7 Ultimate retail package to install it on my new computer. Yes, I know that Windows 7 will come pre-installed on any new computer, but I like to have the DVD.

You can install it on any computer you wish to. However, it can only be installed on one computer only. You could uninstall it on the previous computer or just do a low-level format of that computer's hard drive.

You should have no activation issues, but I believe only 10 installs are allowed be having to do the "Phone Microsoft" thing. As I stated, one license means only one install per a single computer.

Back