Installing Windows 8 on a Lenovo G50-70 laptop.

How do I boot a DVD on this damn thing? When I power it up it shows the Lenovo logo for a few seconds then FreeDOS starts up, no BIOS screen, nothing.

patcooke

Microsoft MVP
Staff member
Microsoft MVP
Have you set the bios to boot from the optical drive?

Have you set the bios to boot from the optical drive?
I have no idea how to access the BIOS on this thing. It only shows the Lenovo screen briefly and then enters FreeDOS.

patcooke

Microsoft MVP
Staff member
Microsoft MVP
On page 7 of the user guide it tells that to access the BIOS you need to:

Novo button the select BIOS setup.

If you don't have a user manual you can find it where I did and download a copy:

http://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/lenovo_g_z_series_ug_english.pdf

Remember "Google is your friend!"

There is no "Novo" button :/

patcooke

Microsoft MVP
Staff member
Microsoft MVP
Download the user manual, Look at page 9. There is a picture of the Novo button! :rolleyes:

(Clue - it's next to the power socket.)

Download the user manual, Look at page 9. There is a picture of the Novo button! :rolleyes:

(Clue - it's next to the power socket.)
Tried. doesnt do jack

Ok turns out I had to press and hold. I could hardly press the damn thing without the use of a toothpick but it's done. Thank you for the help.

Damn laptops, why don't they just go back to their own country.

patcooke

Microsoft MVP
Staff member
Microsoft MVP
Cheers.

Hi, after pressing the NOVO button if no boot option available from Hardisk , Dvd or USB then you have to Change legacy support mode on bios setup.

Hi @aamir24 Welcome to the forum. Just wanted to alert you that you have replied to a very old thread. 2014!

Yes , but this problem is very trending now, I have created a video for this :

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.