Windows 8 Installing Windows 8/Removing Ubuntu

Hey guys! I'm a long time Linux user and after using a work computer for the last 6 months that has windows 8.1 on it I decided I'm going to make the switch. I have my own custom rig and I would like to completely remove Ubuntu and install a copy of windows 8. I already purchased a license from Microsoft and created a bootable USB with Windows 8.

I edited my mother board settings so that the USB was the high priority for booting. It booted the first time and I enterer my code. It told me to remove the flash drive and to restart the computer... It restarted as Ubuntu and not Windows though... How do I remove Ubuntu...?

You need to format the HDD prior or during the install using the custom install path. This will allow you to select the HDD to install the OS and select the format option.

What did you use to create your ISO for USB install? What do you use to create a bootable USB drive?

I downloaded the ISO from the MicoSoft image creator and to create the bootable USB drive I used Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool.

Never heard of that before....you need to get the ISO from HERE and then use Rufus to create a bootable USB drive. That windows USB tool is hit or miss as the reviews go. Most every body uses Rufus to create their ISO's....it's easy to use and just plain works.

Just click the Hyper links in blue.

Back
Top Bottom