BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\073112-24195-01.dmp
C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-45037-0.sysdata.xml

Here's the image of my cpu-z outputs and SF diagnostic folder.
full cpuz.png
View attachment Seven Forums.zip

I don't know much about windows, but using the program bluescreen view and google my guess would be that my linksys wireless adapter WUSB600N driver is causing the problem, and if that isn't my second guess would be my recently installed ram, despite many passes in memtest86+. The first bluescreen .dmp (072812-20170-01.dmp modified on the 28th) can be ignored as I am pretty sure the hal.dll BSOD was the result of me stress testing an unstable overclock.

I updated the drivers for the wireless adapter from 3.0.1.0 to 3.0.10.0 (I hope that is an upgrade heh, they did have different dates) and haven't seen a bsod yet, but thats only been an hour or so. I really have no clue if I did the right thing or not, but can't hurt I suppose.

If anyone with more knowledge about this kind of thing can give me more info or tell me if I may have fixed the problem let me know. I'll update this thread depending on whether or not I get another BSOD. If I go a few day without one I'll consider the problem solved and delete the thread.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Hi,

your bios is from 2009 and needs updating:

BiosVersion = F2c
BiosReleaseDate = 05/22/2009

Download:
GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket AM3 - GA-MA770T-UD3P (rev. 1.4)

Realtek driver needs updating:

RTKVHD64.sys Tue Jan 20 06:12:51 2009

You also have this old mouse driver:

Amfltx64.sys Mon Oct 15 04:37:21 2007

Please update or uninstall.

Speedfan needs updating too:

You can find updates in our update section.

It does like look like however that the bsod was caused by aswSnx.SYS which is avast Virtualization Driver. Try unstalling avast and using MSE:

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

Ok so far all I've done is update the bios, which went ok, my audio doesn't detect any output now however, which is probably a result of the out of date realtek driver. I was going to update that next when I got this BSOD:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: a
BCP1: FFFFF800033A553C
BCP2: 0000000000000002
BCP3: 0000000000000008
BCP4: FFFFF800033A553C

C:\Windows\Minidump\073112-32307-01.dmp
C:\Windows\Temp\WER-48625-0.sysdata.xml

View attachment 073112-32307-01.zip

So I'll probably skip ahead and uninstall Avast now if its the most likely culprit and then continue with the driver updates.

Last edited:
Also it appears that the mouse driver you mentioned is for an old mouse I no longer use because it isn't listed under my current mouse drivers in device manager. Is it safe to delete the file, or should I just change it from a .sys file to a .BAK file as per this thread: These recurrently BSOD are getting me crazy. Help Please - Windows 7 Forums Or is there a better method to uninstall it.

Alternatively, should I just update it even though I don't use the mouse anymore? Heck I don't ever remember having the mouse they show.
http://www.a4tech.com/f/index.aspx

Last edited:
Same again, avast driver caused it. Also are you using the latest updated firefox? If you find the machine still blue screens then please run this app: Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool test only one stick of ram at a time (physically remove the others) so you know which, if any, errors out.

Thanks for all your help so far! That last BSOD was before I had uninstalled avast so that makes sense. And I've done a lot of memtests86+ passes already but I haven't tried them one at a time, so I'll have to try that. How many passes should I do?

Now I've done everything you mentioned in that first reply and it seemed like things were okay at first. Then I got this BSOD:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1e
BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005
BCP2: FFFFF800033CC435
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

C:\Windows\Minidump\073112-36161-01.dmp
C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-1413665-0.sysdata.xml

View attachment 073112-36161-01.zip

If it matters, after the BSOD induced restart my usb wireless adapter wouldn't work until I rolled back the drivers to 3.0.1.0.

Also is there a guide or program that can help me figure these errors out on my own? I feel like I'm being a pain in the butt, and teach a man to fish and all that. Thanks so much for your help though, I really appreciate it.

Edit: I'm using firefox 14.0.1 and it says its up to date. If I really can't fix this problem I guess I might just resort to a full reinstallation of windows 7.

Last edited:
Hi,
yup if you could run memtest for 7/8 passes on each stick. Running memtest on all sticks won't always reveal an error this is one of the reasons why it must be done on singular sticks. It goes look like we could be looking at a memory issue but please run the tests and we'll go from there.

I've heard of these reports too although I'm running a C3 stepping 965 (currently @ stock although usually it's clocked to 3.8GHz) and have been fine with 4 sticks. Here's my CPU-Z:

stepping.jpg

Do check the RAM as it was referenced in the dmp file. Sometimes it's not always clear if the bsod is driver or hardware related so a process of elimination ensues until the error is found (usually it's hardware). Another thing to consider is that a RAM slot might be bad but let's see how your results are first..

Last edited:
Not to interrupt or interfere with anything that is being done but just to add another thought as I have had some experience with weird memory issues which I wrote about here http://windows7forums.com/blogs/trouble/436-my-bsod-odyssey.html
It seems that unfortunately the extra burden placed on the controller only rears its' ugly head when you are using DDR3 1333 (667Mhz) memory or faster and you are testing with all stick in place. In my case, single sticks our any combination of 3 sticks or less produced no errors, either in memtest or in prime95. DDR3 1066 (533Mhz) or setting 1333 memory to run at 1066 speeds (7, 7, 7, 20) seems to not produce the problem or fix the issue if you dumb down the memory.
Probably should also be noted that since I wrote that particular Blog entry, I have reset my memory from 1066 (533Mhz) back to 1333 (667Mhz) and bumped my memory voltage from 1.5V to 1.6V
No problems since.

Randy also pointed out something I keep forgetting to mention, do you know your running the driver verifier? Try turning it off and see how you go.

Okay, so all the sticks passed one by one, so I'll try upping my NB frequency and NB/CPU volts. I think I have figured out a sure fire way to cause the bsod so hopefully this will fix it.

Being the retard I am, I didn't realize the thread had reached a second page so I'm just now seeing all these posts.

It is definitely the overburdened C2 IMC, as I can do everything fine with two sticks.

Well it seemed that after searching some forums that overvolting the CPU-NB is the best way to help the overburdened IMC. I only tried going from 1.1 to 1.2 and it didn't seem to work, so I just took out 2 sticks until I figure out what I want to do.

My dimm slots are already running at 1.6v on auto for some reason with 1.5v specced ram but I could try raising that instead. It won't let me go lower I don't think, at least with 4 sticks.

So after seeing trouble's post I might just try to run my ram at 1066 with tighter timings, seems safer than overclocking stuff. Or maybe try bumping my ram to 1.7v but that seems sketchy. I was running the 4 sticks at 1333 8-8-8-24 (instead of specced 1600 9-9-9-24) with 1.6v and still getting problems, but seemingly only in a couple specific scenarios. Also I was able to do 5 passes of memtest86+ with all 4 sticks at those settings with no errors oddly enough.

What do you guys recommend I do? And how do I turn off driver verifier?

Thanks for all the help guys.

Last edited:
To turn off Driver verifier:

1. Open the Start menu, type verifier in search box, then press Enter.

2. Select now Delete existing settings option, then click Finish

As for your RAM, which actual modules are they? Please list specification..

If Trouble or someone else sees this, what timings should I set if the RAM is specced for 9-9-9-24 at 1600mhz? I'm assuming trouble was using ram that was 9-9-9-24 at 1333, so could I go lower than 7-7-7-20 at 1066?

I would actually be more interested in seeing any new dump files that have been produced since 07/31/3012 to see what you are getting in respect to stop errors.
If you would like to you can read this article especially the posts from about the middle of the thread to the end.
There is some speculation as to problems regarding that particular RAM on AMD configurations and some suggestions about timings that may help note the command rate of 2T
Did i follow bad advice for getting RAM to run at 1600? - Memory - Motherboards-Memory

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom