Windows 7 Internet connection isn't working

nyappykimi

Hi, this is my first time setting up a router so I was worried that it was something I did wrong, but I have read that a majority of other people with Windows 7 are having the same problem. I have recently purchased a Sony Vaio FW550F/B laptop with Windows 7 and a Linksys router (Model No. WRT160N). I set up the router and after that, whenever I try connecting to the wireless internet, I keep getting "Windows was unable to connect to -networkname-" and even when I try to follow troubleshoot problems, it still doesn't help. I have reset the router countless times and changed the security type from WPA to WEP to no security and it still doesn't work. Even when I tried connecting to another network that was in range that had no security, it didn't work as well. However, I do have internet access if I directly connect my laptop to my DSL modem, so wireless connection is the only problem. Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem and if they'd be kind enough to help walk me through?

Go to Start > Run ,. and type cmd,. Noe type ping google,.com

My average is 45ms.

Are you getting a reply?

No try to connect using thr IP address:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Go to Start > Run ,. and type cmd,. Noe type ping google,.com

My average is 45ms.

Are you getting a reply?

No try to connect using thr IP address:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

I am suppose to type in "google.com" in the CMD window?

I just questioned it because we're here to share information and how the problem was solved.

BTW,. what is MI5

Just in support of reghakr, Drew. It is an open help forum. If members send private solutions to enquirers, nothing is contributed to the site. There was nothing, that I can see, secretive about the soltion, which can be read on other threads.

Back
Top Bottom