Internet Explorer 9 RC Now Live

Re: IE 9 Update

I tried IE 9 RC and it works great except for the fact when in facebook and playing farmville it tells me that my requests that I send have been blocked to prevent cross-scripting. I never had that problem with IE 8.

Correction, It says Internet Explorer has modified this page to prevent cross-scripting.

Last edited:

I tried IE 9 RC and it works great except for the fact when in facebook and playing farmville it tells me that my requests that I send have been blocked to prevent cross-scripting. I never had that problem with IE 8.

Correction, It says Internet Explorer has modified this page to prevent cross-scripting.
You should be able to adjust your scripting settings in the advanced section of the IE settings. :)

Capture.PNG
You should be able to adjust your scripting settings in the advanced section of the IE settings. :)

This is all I can find in the Advanced settings. I don't think that this is what you meant.

I guess maybe I just don't know where to look for it. I never had this problem before not even IE 9 beta.

Exactly twelve months from the first Platform Preview of IE9, on Monday March 14th we will celebrate the developers and designers who are making a more beautiful web for all of us. We will release the final version of Internet Explorer 9 for download beginning at 9 p.m. Pacific.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Tools (Little icon in the upper right)>>Internet Options>>Advanced

I have tried that. The only thing I could find there was about script debugging. That wasn't it. Maybe when the final version comes out the problem won't be there.

Micthell, I think I will just go back to IE 8 until the final version comes out. Thanks for your help!

Micthell, I think I will just go back to IE 8 until the final version comes out. Thanks for your help!

I'm afraid this might happen in final version as well. It's a security feature that was introduced in IE 8 and is improved in IE9. You can try to reduced the IE security settings and see. Which is not recommend.

I'm afraid this might happen in final version as well. It's a security feature that was introduced in IE 8 and is improved in IE9. You can try to reduced the IE security settings and see. Which is not recommend.

Thank you Captain Jack, I am not about to reduce my security settings. If need be I will stay with IE 8 or use a different browser such as firefox or google chrome for playing farmville.

IE 9 RTW'd at 1 AM AST this morning, as expected, little has changed from the RC build.
Link Removed - Invalid URL - grab it now! :)

Which version are most people running 32 bit or 64 bit? Windows & came with IE 8 32 and 64 bit. I use 32 bit as in the early days many addons did not function with the 64 bit version of IE 8. Is that still the case with IE 9 ?

I don't think it's quite the same as it was with IE 8. The browser is just built to take advantage of 64-bit systems. I downloaded the 64-bit version and it works fine for me :)

I downloaded the 64 bit version for W7 64 bit system. It also updated the 32 Bit version located in Program Files (86) and updated the 64 bit version in Program files.
I am assuming every one is aware that W7 64 bit has a 32 bit and 64 bit version of Internet explorer. One is located in Program Files (86) the other in Program Files.
So in conclusion if you update the 64 bit in in W7 64 bit system it will update both Internet Explorers

My mistake, I should have noted that the 32 bit version is the one that runs by default.. I'd assume in that case that the 64-bit version is still in the same compatibility boat as IE 8 was.

Back