Windows 7 Internet TV Video Problem

allen363

I have searched this forum and in fact the entire internet trying to get an answer to this problem. Although many have posted video problems mine appears to be unique.

When I start up Windows 7 on my 50" Samsung LN52A65 using HDMI there is a lot of noise and slight flicker on the screen almost like when an old analog tuner tv was just barely out of tune. Once I log in and Media Center starts the video is rock solid. I can watch DVD's, Watch Live TV on my ATI Wonder 650, etc. However, if I start a program on Internet TV the noise and flicker starts again as soon as the actual program starts, until I go back to another Media Center option such as Movies, Music, TV, etc.

I do keep the media center PC about 80' away in a utility closet along with my automation servers and thought this might be the problem since the 21" HD monitor in that closet does not experience the problem, but then why would the video be completely stable during playback of movies that I've ripped onto the HDs?

Here's my setup:

Thermaltake DH101,GA-MA790GP-UD4H, AMD Athlon 8250e, ATI Wonder 650, Antec EarthWatts EA750, (2) 1TB WD Caviar Black RAID 1, (1) 500GB WD Caviar Green, (2) 2GB Kingston DDR2 800Mhz. The Gigabyte has an onboard ATI Radeon HD3200 video.

Thank you greatly to anybody who can shed some light on this problem.

Hello, and firstly welcome to the Windows 7 forums :)
Have you tried checking for the latest driver updates? There will quite frequently be HDMI driver updates, which can prevent such problems.
Try downloading the latest Catalyst package (10.3?) and installing all the latest drivers.

Back