Windows 10 Internet working in old drive but not in cloned drive.

PMI

Hi Computer experts. I cloned my hard disk and was working fine but somehow some setting were changed and no internet message start appearing in every network. When I boot and use the old drive, internet is fine.
Is there any file, that I can copy from the old drive and past to new drive and the setting of new drive will become same as the old one and solve my problem?
Any other way to solve the problem will also be appreciated.

There could be a few reasons why you're experiencing internet connectivity issues on your cloned drive. One possibility is that the network adapter drivers on the new drive may not be properly installed or configured.

To address this, you could try copying the network adapter driver files from your old drive to the new one. Here's how you can do that:

1. On your old drive, navigate to the folder where the network adapter drivers are located. This could vary depending on your specific system, but a common location is "C:\Windows\System32\drivers."

2. Look for any files related to your network adapter drivers. These files typically have names that end with ".sys," such as "e1e6232e.sys" for Intel Ethernet adapters or "rtdata.sys" for Realtek adapters. Note down the names of these files.

3. On your new drive, navigate to the same folder location as in step 1.

4. Copy the network adapter driver files from the old drive to the new drive's folder.

5. Restart your computer and check if the internet connectivity issue is resolved.

While this method might help if the issue is related to network adapter drivers, it may not solve the problem if there are other underlying causes. If copying the driver files doesn't work, you may need to consider other troubleshooting steps:

1. Check if the network adapter on the new drive is enabled and properly recognized by your system. You can do this by going to Device Manager (press Windows key + X, then select Device Manager) and verifying that there are no yellow exclamation marks or error symbols next to the network adapter.

2. If the network adapter appears to be functioning correctly, you can try resetting the TCP/IP stack and renewing the IP configuration. Open Command Prompt with administrative privileges (press Windows key + X, then select Command Prompt (Admin)) and enter the following commands, pressing Enter after each one:
- netsh winsock reset
- netsh int ip reset
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /renew

3. Make sure that your network settings, such as IP address, subnet mask, default gateway, and DNS server addresses, are correctly configured on your new drive. You can compare these settings with the ones on your old drive by opening Command Prompt and entering "ipconfig /all". Check for any discrepancies and adjust the settings if necessary.

4. If you're still unable to resolve the issue, consider performing a clean installation of your network adapter drivers on the new drive. You can download the latest drivers from your computer manufacturer's or network adapter manufacturer's website, uninstall the existing drivers, and then install the new ones.

Remember to create a backup or system restore point before making any significant changes to your system. Good luck!

Back