Introduce Yourself.

Hi all, I'm Will. I've been using Windows 8 since CP - I hope to be able to contribute here.

Edit: Just tried uploading an avatar and wasn't able to - do I need a certain number of posts?

Hi Will and welcome to the forum.

On uploading of your avatar did you follow the guidelines for size ect in the settings?

Hi kemical, thanks for the welcome. I made sure to resize the image before I uploaded - on my PC it's listed as 80x80 pixels. However, on another forum also running vB 4.2.1 we had a resizing issue recently - certain usergroups uploaded images would increase by 1px.

I'll attach the image here I was trying to use.

Hi Will,

I'm feeling a tad red faced as i should know this but it may be the case that you need 5 posts to upload your own avatar (I also think you need 5 before you can send pm's). I'll check up on this for you but if it still plays you about I could always do it. Let me check first though..

I've had a thing for computers ever since I took a computer class at my votech school back in the 90s. We used IBM PCs with Win 3.1 on them and were they fun! I've had a thing for the Internet since I skipped class at my community college to spend all my time in the upstairs computer lab, which had computers hooked into the Net. I whiled away the hours I was supposed to be spending in class looking up stuff on Infoseek, Hotbot, Lycos, Altavista, Yahoo and Gopher.

I am new to these forums, but I have been using computers since Windows 95 days. I have used Windows 95, 98, ME, XP (all SPs), Vista and now Windows 7. I have been using Windows 7 since Beta.

fourthofjuly here from Toronto... cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been here for a while, didn't notice this topic earlier. I usually call myself a layman in IT, don't have any real education in it. Although, I seem to have managed to give some good advice to many, I'm the kind of Do It Yourself guy, or Find Out About It guy.

I'm a drop-out student from University level Economics studies. I got bored, and started my own business. Photographer, lived and worked in four countries, with various success. Father of two, a lovely 24 years young woman in Berlin, Germany, the result of me living there; and a Star born in April this year here in Helsinki, a son, who might become more charming than his father, heh.

Doing mainly PR and Marketing now, quite much with non-profit organizations, like work with kids, and tourism for low level, I also have a Military training, of which I'm rather proud. I'm a Captain in the Finnish Army reserve, Battalion Commander of 1200 troops. I hope, however, that we will never need to go to action. Like General Eisenhower stated, There is no true glory in war.

I wish you all, and this Forum, the very best. "I'll buy you a beer or drink or pizza or steak or something, if we meet". I do love the Ballet.

Last edited:
Hello everyone. I am actually quite good with computers, and have been a long time user of both windows and linux. But i have decided that it was a waste of time trying to utilize both OSs, and everything i wanted to ever do was on windows so screw it, i'm going to be just a windows guy from now on.
I am also really good at fixing computers (hardware and software), and my family/friends always come to me for help. I used the forums for the linux distro i was using occasionally, but now it seems i need to find a "windows" forum, and after looking around this seemed to be the one i liked the most

I don't get on terribly often, but i might try and pop around every now and then and provide some input (or ask a question lol).

Hi all,

My name's Stephen - I recognise many of the members here from other tech forums. Hello again if we've met before, hello for the first time if we've never met!

Now to set my profile up..

Stephen

We could all wave across the UK and do a Mexican ...erm..wave that is

Nice to see some other people from the UK here as well!
I'd wave too, but Birmingham is a little far from where I live

Just been looking though the members here, so many familiar faces! Still trying to get used to XenForo, more used to vB myself!

-Stephen

I was on here before but i guess with the merge i got lost
If you look at http://www.rdinternetassociates.com/Pages/SeminarsCommunityPrograms.aspx
You can get a picture of what i am all about and look at the rest of the website
But i have been in this business for 20 yrs, i am female which is hard enough in this business to do, i work with many companies like microsoft and antispyware companies and test os and software before they come out to the public
If you google robinb9 you will see i am on many different fourms
I enjoy answering questions especially to beginners who i work with the most

Sent from my iPad using WindowsForum

Oh when i get back onto my computer i can reset up my picture , it was there before but it is gone now, i am typing to you from my ipad app

Sent from my iPad using WindowsForum

As the title suggests this thread gives you a chance to say Hi and introduce yourself to the community.
ok I need help. where on this forum does one go to start a new topic. it has been a while since I have posted and everything seems to have changed. thanks poorguy

Hi Poorguy,
I guess it depends on the subject of your new topic. Look through the various headings and choose the one that fits yours the closest.