Introduce Yourself.

Hello,
Windows noob here, Mac user previously and now; own 2005 Mac PowerPC G5, 2013 MacBook Air, and from 2014-2019 built 4 "Hackintoshes," earliest two recently converted to Windows 10 and Windows 11. "Mini-ITX" HTPC style is preferred. Considering a new build using 12th-gen Intel CPU on Z690I mobo. Would run Win 11 mostly for games (as also doing now on my 2016-build Win 11 computer). Am interested in becoming knowledgeable on Win 11. Looking forward to learning stuff on these forums.
Thanks for reading!
---- Bill

for gaming Windows 10 is a safer bet unless you mean the lastest 3A titles... anyway welcome to the forums Bill

never too old to learn a new bag of tricks

for gaming Windows 10 is a safer bet unless you mean the lastest 3A titles... anyway welcome to the forums Bill
No taste for FPS here; I'm a Cyan fan. Most recent games played are Obduction and Firmament. But there are many games written only for Windows, and so far my experience on Windows 10 and 11 confirms that they play very well. However, Windows 11 Mail just doesn't work at all for me yet... even after long chat with MS support. Don't know why yet. Never a problem with my Hacks, on any version of Mac OS. I'll be looking in the Help area for a solution to that.

Thanks for the welcome!

Hey all, gen X'er in tha house ;)
I use Linux distros on other machines but employ W11 for study because it's compulsory but also to run proprietary software that's Win only. Occasionally I've various issues with Windows and decided to join an official forum to hopefully resolve any pending or future issues and maybe make a friend or two while I'm at it, cheers.

Back
Top Bottom