Introduce Yourself.

Hi everyone, My name is Carlos, AKA: Leviathan.
It's good to be here, i hope i'll learn enough to be useful.
My english sucks, btw.

Have a great day!

Hi Carlos,
welcome to the forum! Always nice to see a new face.. :)

Hello Jason, welcome to the website! Thanks for joining.

Greetings and Felicitations!

I am (as of 29 July 2015) multi-booting Windows Vista 32 bit, Windows 7 64 bit, and Windows 10 64 bit. I joined this forum mainly to get info on the Windows 10 Graphic User Interface (GUI). For the most part, I use Windows 7 while I learn the new system. I have been involved with computers as a home user since the glory days of DOS.

I am familiar with Simple Machines Forum software. I also have a little experience with vBulletin forum software. I often format posts and replies with a text editor. It would come in handy to know what software is used here, so I will know the capabilities and limitations of the system. :wink_smile:

Hi to all, I'm David, from Spain and I studied computer sciences. I'm joining this community cause it seems to me we can share experience and it's a good time to talk about our Windows 10 issues.

Greetings, we see in the forum.

hello! new on here! and already having troubles with windows 10. No sound in my laptop, any help please?

Welcome.

Windows 10 has some start problems, I couldn't get any sound at all, nor my DVBViewer to show video. Power DVD 14 Ultra gave video, but no sound. I spent a few hours trying to find out a solution, but I noticed that it's happened to many. Since I need my computer to earn my living, as well as enjoyment, and being quite busy, I decided to go back to Windows 7. Most probably a Service Pack is released quite soon? And I still get the Widows 10 upgrade "nag" each time I start my computer.

Best wishes.

hello! new on here! and already having troubles with windows 10. No sound in my laptop, any help please?
Hi Gaby,
welcome to the forum. To be honest this section isn't really the best place to ask questions as it's limited for space. Your much better off creating your own individual thread in the Windows 10 section:
Windows 10 Help and Support

Glad to be here to share knowledge, experience, and symptoms so we can all grow together as we diagnose and help fix the systems we use and maintain. My focus is a higher ed and small business environment transitioning to Windows 10.

Welcome.

Windows 10 has some start problems, I couldn't get any sound at all, nor my DVBViewer to show video. Power DVD 14 Ultra gave video, but no sound. I spent a few hours trying to find out a solution, but I noticed that it's happened to many. Since I need my computer to earn my living, as well as enjoyment, and being quite busy, I decided to go back to Windows 7. Most probably a Service Pack is released quite soon? And I still get the Widows 10 upgrade "nag" each time I start my computer.

Best wishes.
Pauli,
Consider a clean install from an ISO rather than the in-place upgrade. I have seen a number of posts in various places that have hinted and implied that the in-place upgrade (8.x=>10 or 7=>10) may not get some drivers right. A clean install eliminates all those variables. Also I personally experienced problems with a 3-display configuration. The upgrade killed one of the displays. A reinstall of all graphics drivers from scratch fixed the problem.

Hi James,
welcome to the forum! Always nice to see a new face.. :)

Hi there everyone. My name is Terry. I live here in Florida (born, raised, and retired here). I mainly do a little video and photograph editing using mostly Adobe programs. I have a stand alone and a laptop. I also have twin (15year olds) daughters who each have a laptop. I am preparing to upgrade my computers to ssd and Windows 10. In trying to gather as much information as possible, I ran across this forum. I started reading and was extremely impressed with the knowledgeable people here and the amount of patience displayed by the responders. I myself have just enough knowledge to get me in trouble. Anyway, I look forward to a very fruitful relationship here.

P.S. I saw earlier on this thread that we have some Walking Dead and Star Trek fans here. Kindred spirits already.

Terry

Back