Introduce Yourself.

Hello and welcome to the forum Anna-Catherine,

p.s, you are not alone in dislike of WX but Microsoft will shove it down your throat becuse its good for you (they say).

Hi. I'm sheo. I have a question I wanted to ask. I clicked on "start a conversation", and kemical was nice enough to tell me that I actually started a pm. I assume this stands for private message. I have spent half an hour trying and I cannot figure out how to start a new thread. I have several advanced college degrees. And yet, here I am with this conundrum.

Hi sheo,

sign in to your account
step 1 = select the sub forum that you feel best matches your question... I'll pick "windows servers" for this example
step 2 = press the "post new thread" button and tell us all about it...

Screenshot (25).png

I am a 66 year old single guy living in Idaho (moved from Seattle). I've been into computers since 1967, when I worked at my old Air Force base back in Minnesota, I used to be a Microsoft beta tester since dinosaurs roamed the earth (have all original versions of DOS and Windows...including "BOB". Am now retired with lots of time to spend on my computer.

G'day Oldgrump from the states... welcome aboard the SS forum mate.

p.s, I've seen B.O.B in action but it's before my time... bet you are looking forward to learning Windows 10?

Learning windows 10? I've been using it since it was first started being developed (I was a contract coder on it). It's a good system...just too much for my HP laptop, as it requires mass amount of video memory to run properly. Thus it performs slowly for me and I went back to Win 7.

Hi! I just registered on Windows Forum. I got a friendly invite and said I should come here and introduce myself. I'm no stranger to help forums and I've have been around the block a couple of times. I'm looking for a place to hang my hat; learn new things and maybe pass forward a few things I have learned from others; and I still remember at 77 years young. What I need is a God Father to keep me in line and out of trouble while I'm here. I'm to windy, to friendly, and have some more bad habits. I need someone to adopt me and help keep me in line and out of trouble.
I live in a retirement village in Oklahoma where I help seniors maintain their printers and computers for free. I'm hoping I can learn some things here on the forum that will help me help my seniors at Golden Oaks!
Here's some thing I would like to pass forward on as my first contribution to the forum. I'm sure everyone here is well aware of PUP's and how all the freeware programs these days are using them to cause us PC users grief. I have found this filehippo to have a ton of freeware and there are no PUP's here that I'm aware of.
I'm going to look around the forum for awhile and see where I might be able to help a little!
Here check this freeware down load site. If the freeware is any good, it will be here! Opps looks like I can't add a live link. Maybe staff can do it for me.
Thanks
FileHippo.com - Download Free Software

Last edited:
I live in a retirement village in Oklahoma where I help seniors maintain their printers and computers for free.
Welcome to the forum holdum333 (a poker ref?) ... I'll let you put your own links in which you should be able to do once you have made some more posts.

Welcome everyone, :)
sorry I've not said hello too but for some odd reason I've stopped getting alerts regarding this thread and new posts...

In any case hope everyone has a great stay.. :D

I am a 66 year old single guy living in Idaho (moved from Seattle). I've been into computers since 1967, when I worked at my old Air Force base back in Minnesota, I used to be a Microsoft beta tester since dinosaurs roamed the earth (have all original versions of DOS and Windows...including "BOB". Am now retired with lots of time to spend on my computer.
Welcome!!
It looks very familiar to me. I started in 66, also Defence!
Great time to live in, we saw it all.
Feel at home,

Henk

Welcome to the forum Charlie and good luck with the job markets.

Well network manager sounds better than what we used to be called… trolls.

Hi! TattooDave here. I don't know a lot about computers but I'm learning. I have started buying a few things to build my own computer as money permits me to buy the hardware. I'm sure I will have some questions along the way. I look forward to learning everything I can and will take any advise I can get. I'm glad to be here.

Back