Introduce Yourself.

Hey Firewire!

Thank you for the kind words re the forum.. To be honest it's you guy's that make it the place that it is... :)

Welcome aboard!

I don't do any rendering work so that's not an issue. If I continue doing graphic design work eventually I'm going to have to upgrade the GPU, and if I do that I might as well build a whole new system. I'm working full time now so maybe when tax time comes I could afford it.

Hi Geese!
welcome to the forum!

Looking at those dumps right now.. ;)

6 computers/Laptops. All running on SSDs. All on Win10. 1 lost its Blu-ray in the upgrade, hence I am here. Have not found an answer on how to get around SSD on IDE where the blu-ray wants AHCI, now my TV has no Blu-ray and a slow Brazos chip.

Hello there. I'm new to this forum and I want to see that I appreciate being a member here. I've been a long time fan of Windows since my family had Windows ME in the early 2000s, although I didn't use it until 2003. My current computer right now is an Acer Veriton X2631, with an Intel Core i5 processor running Windows 10. My computer was previously running Windows 7, until I accidentally upgraded it to Win 10 around April of this year.

Last edited:
Hi NewYorkEagle (baseball?) welcome to the forum & yes ME wasn't such a bad system for the time.

p.s, there was nothing 'accidentally' about it... Microsoft tricked people into it.

Hi NewYorkEagle (baseball?) welcome to the forum & yes ME wasn't such a bad system for the time.

p.s, there was nothing 'accidentally' about it... Microsoft tricked people into it.

My name is basically just New York with Eagle, not with a particular sports team. But yeah, I agree. Windows ME wasn't really that bad. It just seemed like Windows 2000.

Back