Introduce Yourself.

Hello Everyone

First of all I would like to say hello to all members of this community and the team of this helpful site for making such a platform of user interface.

Hello. I am a born again techie. I fell in love with my Android device a year ago and have thoroughly branched out. I have a laptop which I triple boot, Windows 10 being the main stay. I recently was given an older desktop that was "broken"... 5 minutes later I was reinstalling Windows 7.
I have many questions, of the noob nature, that I hope you can tolerate.

Hiya Bg260!

Bunnies are especially welcome.. :) and I hope you enjoy your stay in our little collective. :)

Happy to have found this forum. Looking forward to any tips and tricks from the pros but also hope to help where i can. cheers y'all

Hello everybody. Am an analyst artist and writer. I've been involved with all things computer for too many years. Loved consoles and loved things like Atari, Commodore 64 you get the picture. My first expensive PC had a quarter of a gig hard drive, 64mg of memory and a dot matrix printer. Windows 1 WOW. Anyway my question is this. I have 3 laptops, one I bought about 3 years ago, second hand. It had windows 7 on it. It was fine accepted all the updates and the copy was fine. It tried to update itself to Windows 10 a while ago and now it won't work.1. 3.6 It is stuck in the loop of pick an option then when you do nothing and reboots. It also says that the copy of windows is illegal. It's not. I'm furious. Anyhow on my other two laptops I have shiny new windows 10 ( I liked 1, 3.6 95 98SE 2000 XP adored, 8 and hmmm.) Anyway is there anyway I can put my Windows 10 with the serial numbers etc. on the older lappy? Anyway any thoughts appreciated. I'm out of practice at the moment as I've been busy writing and painting. I've built computers for people but am behind with a lot of tech.
As the title suggests this thread gives you a chance to say Hi and introduce yourself to the community.

Welcome to both bteigrob and sideshowsoozie.. Hope you enjoy the forum.. :)

Anyway is there anyway I can put my Windows 10 with the serial numbers etc. on the older lappy?
Unfortunately the Windows 10 licence is tied to the machine you performed the upgrade on and is not transferable.

As the title suggests this thread gives you a chance to say Hi and introduce yourself to the community.
Hi I'm Dave, a retired CPA who seems to hold on to computers too long and always trying to fix them. They rarely get the better of me but theres a first time for everything. Having a windows update problem and just can't figure it out. See my post. Great to be here and thanks everyone !

Hi Dave,
welcome to the forum, it's always nice to see a new face :wave::bat:

Hi GetBroccoli!

Welcome to the forum and great nic by the way. We'd also love to see any photo's you might have of the rig as a few of us here build and mod our own systems.
Have a great stay... :)

Hey!

I'm AndroidOS, and I'm a programmer by day and batman by night (I wish!). Hopefully I can help people with their Windows related issues - I have a particular focus on BSODs (though I've been out of the game for a while now).

Hello everyone,

This looks like a great place to get Windows support from!
I know some things but I'm mostly a noob, please be kind :)

hi, found this site when getting bsod's on my win10 upgrade. hopefully, i'll learn something I can pass along to others!

Hi, nice to meet you all and glad to join this forum.
I am a software design project manager at Taiwan's company. Our software team is working for design the automatic tool (include test tools) and also help test team to FA the project problems if relates software parts (like OS level or 3'party utilities problem).
I think there should be some experience can share and also can get from here.
Hope we all have a nice discussion. ~ ^^

Back