Windows 7 Irritating message after W7 loads

matata

Every time after w7 has loaded there is the message 'There was a problem starting C:\Program Files\HP\HPDeskjet3050......etc. The specified module could not be found'.
I have uninstalled all the software for the HP printer but it appears that something has been left and although I have run a registry cleaner the message still appears. Any suggestions please?

The two places I would normally look is Msconfig.exe and check the startup tab and see if that is selected. If it is, uncheck it, but there will be a corresponding entry in the registry you might need to remove.

If not there, check the Start Menu, All Programs, Startup. Maybe something was placed there.

You can also try looking in Services and see if there is anything there. How did you uninstall in Windows or with an uninstaller from HP software?
Joe

I have tried all the above suggestions but without success - the wretched message still appears. I actually found an HP file in C>Program Files (x86) and deleted this but reference to HP still appears. Thank you all for your attempts to help.:(

The next thing I would suggest you do is to download a program from Microsoft site named SysInternals . The utility is knows as Autoruns, and will check everything starting up on your system. After you download it go to its properties and click on the unblock button.

Possibly you have a registry entry pointing to some startup driver that is no longer installed. I do not know why the Registry Cleaner would not find such a situation, but maybe it did not.

I would have given you a link, but in Windows 8 I have to use the Basic Editor for my return key to work and it does not have link options.

Back