Windows 10 Is it safe to delete Windows.old?

I just reset Windows 10 and Windows created a folder called "Windows.old" which ocuppies a lot of space in my computer, it has all my previous files, but I already saved them in another computer. Is it safe to delete the folder?

Yes but you have to use the disk clean up utility and then click on system files.

clean.PNG

Mike

If you use CCleaner you can use it to remove the Windows.old file as well.
Just look down under the Advanced or System headers, I don't remember which but you will see a listing for it.
Just click the box and run CCleaner.

Mike

Of course, if u backup the previous files, u can delete it. and CCleaner is a good tool to help u delete it completely. and it can help u clrear the residue files.

Its completely safe to delete the windows.old folder. But, if you plan on restoring your system in the future to a prior restore point, deleting that folder will remove any prior restore points you have made

Its completely safe to delete the windows.old folder. But, if you plan on restoring your system in the future to a prior restore point, deleting that folder will remove any prior restore points you have made

Not entirely true as restore points are something completely different.

I have removed the windows.old folder and can not go back to the previous version of the system before the AU update.

Sent from my MLA-TL10 using Tapatalk

Back