Windows 7 is there a way to...

right click the desktop -> personalize -> windows color.
That will change the theme color.

sorry easy, but you aren't paying attention. i didn't ask how to change taskbar color. what i asked was a way to make the taskbar as clear as the titlebars of other windows. that is a very different thing, and you can't accomplish that in the windows color applet.

But the taskbar and window title bars are the same colour with aero. You cant get it completely transparent, but you can get it pretty close. It still has the glassy effect though. Play around witht the colour intensity.

There are hacks to do this (as in make it completely transparent and not just frosty see through glass) stevae.. but I don't think (as of yet anyway) it can be done without them... ;)

yes you can, loathe!!! i have a program that was written to make my titlebars completely transparent, but my taskbar is still a little hazzy. i would like to get it as clear as the titlebars.

yes, i will have to look on my external for it, i grabbed it quite a while ago. but i will find it and list it on here once i do. it is soooooo cool to have the titlebars crystal clear. i like to set up my system to be very different from anyone else's, and efficient for me. in fact, my system is so differently setup, that when i need to jump on a friends pc for something, it is really strange for me.
so while i am looking for this program, please keep your eye's peeled for anything that will allow us to make the taskbar completely clear as well. thanks.

Back