Is there any way to get rid of buzzing sound from a mic?

Hi. I have Realtek HD Audio Manager, and whenever I plug in my microphone, it seems to have a buzzing sound which I cannot stand. The only way I could get rid of it is when I mute the Playback volume, but it makes my mic sound quiet when I do that. So, does anybody have anything I could do, so that I could fix this problem?

This sounds like a hardware issue, have you tried the mic on a different system to see if it occurs, or a different mic on this system. This should rule out or help point the blame at hardware or not.

This sounds like a hardware issue, have you tried the mic on a different system to see if it occurs, or a different mic on this system. This should rule out or help point the blame at hardware or not.

I thought it was a software issue, since it doesn't seem like a problem whenever I mute the playback volume on my Realtek Manager. But I suppose I shouldn't really use it that much, since I only use it for Skype calls.

The buzzing sounds like some kind of feedback or cross talk on the wires. When you mute the playback you are muting the sound the mic is picking up.

The buzzing sounds like some kind of feedback or cross talk on the wires. When you mute the playback you are muting the sound the mic is picking up.

Well, that makes sense. I tried to test my mic with Skype Testing Service. But with the playback muted, I could barely hear anything from my mic. I guess maybe I should deal with the playback volume, with the buzzing sound. It doesn't really irritate me that much, unless I hear it for a long time.

Back