Is there any way to uninstall Windows Sonic special sound ??????

brkkab

Excellent Member
Does anyone know if we can uninstall Windows Sonic special sound and Dolby Atmos for for headphones ?
A; I don't use headphones and most likely never will.
B: I have 5.1 speakers hooked to my PC.
C; My motherboards Asus Sonic Studio & Sonic Radar have me covered even if I got headphones and wanted to use them.
D: No point having 2 things on my PC I'll never use just wasting space.

Although there really is no point you can just disable the devices in device manager

One of the few features I actually enjoy with the new sound stack is the Dolby Atmos for Headphones spacial sound. I think you could probably easily duplicate something with Winamp filters, however (I could be totally wrong, but it seems to me thats probably the case). Why even disable the device as you can just turn spacial sound off?

The only thing I see in Device Manager > Sound, video and game controllers is stuff I use.
AMD High Definition Audio Device is my monitor's speaker's which I've never called or used.
Realtek High Definition Audio for my speakers.
USB Internet Phone by TigerJet is my magicJack telephone.
My Xbox 360 Gamepad isn't showing their even though it's plugged in and works fine.
My Logitech G920 Racing Wheel and shifter aren't showing up, but it's unplugged now.
When it is plugged in, the Xbox 360 gamepad get's unplugged.
Is there anywhere else in Device Manager the the Windows Sonic special sound and Dolby Atmos would be listed ?
I do remember uninstalling the Dolby Atmos app that the Store put on my PC.

Mike: I was wanting to uninstall it, as no matter what I'll never use it.
I remember in 2015 when I built this pc I tried my old Logitech headphones and they sounded good with the Asus Sonic stuff.
They where given away though, as the padding on the earpads came off them just from sitting in my desk drawer unused for close to 2 1/2 years.
The way I have my speakers setup headphones will never outdo them in surround sound.
The rear speakers are actually to the left and right of my ears. The front left/right/center are on my desk .
Left & right on sides of monitor and center in the front center of my monitor.
If I turn them up halfway, I can lay on my bed and feel the subwoofer shaking my bed. If I sit at my PC, I feel it on my legs and feet.
I'm waiting to see if I break out down the road and decide to replace my Logitech X-530's and upgrade to the Z-906's.

Back