Windows 7 Is there Win7 software that simulates OS X desktop animation?

BudVitoff

Honorable Member
My iMac has three folders in its dock (Applications, Documents, and Downloads) that uses animation effectively to present a "tree" structure that encourages organization, making it easy to drill down to a specific feature in my system -- and I need organization like that. I would like to do that on my PC. Does anybody know of similar software that will run under Windows 7?

Hi Bud,
Haven't heard of this. It sounds like an animated version of "MIND MAPS", a research organizational tool for the PC I encountered a few years back during my Graduate Teaching Credential courses at San Diego State. It's interesting that someone developed a tool to take it to the next level (dynamic vs. static) and of course on a Mac. :iee:

Good luck finding it.
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Apps.jpg
Documents.jpg

Just on a hunch, I wanted to show you exactly what I have on the Mac that I like. The left one shows you an area of the Applications folder on the dock (a la Windows taskbar), and a click on any .app icon takes you directly to that app. The right one shows you an area of the Documents folder on the dock -- the top level of the tree for all my documents-and-other-stuff. A click on any folder takes you to the next level downward starting with the one you clicked -- effectively an organization chart of all my stuff.

Did you visualize this from my brief description, or am I glad I replied like this?

I use the free version of Winstep Nexus as a simple dock for my favorite programs.
You can set the animation, background, effects, ...

The "Ultimate version" ($24.95) can do more and is what you want but I never used it...
Maybe worth a look ?

OTT

Back
Top Bottom