Windows 7 Is Windows 7 Build 6801 good enough to...

Radenight

(I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong thread)

So like the thread title says, is 7 build 6801 32 bit "good" enough to wipe current setup of Windows XP Pro SP3 and start clean with this build of 7 and keep using it from now until the final.? (This to me will prove how "good" it is). I know it's an Alpha, and I know there's a Beta due very soon but I've read on a few different forums that some people who were lucky enough to get a copy of this build are actually switching from Vista/XP to 7 and using it as their main everyday OS. If that is true, then this build must be one hell of a solid OS with near complete functionality/compatibility to actually make people switch from "finished" OS's to an Alpha version of an OS for their everyday tasks..or their full of it.. haha

Well I did manage to get a copy of build 6801 and I'd like to know if it would be worth installing at all.

This is my system (Windows XP PRO SP3, AMD X2 5400+ EE 2.8GHZ, 65nm - 65W, Asus M2N-E Mobo, 2GB Crucial DDR2 667MHZ RAM, Sapphire Radeon HD 3870 512MB GDDR4 Single Slot, Seagate Sata2 160GB HDD, LG DVD Burner w/Lightscribe, Corsair HX520W Modular PSU, Codegen Standard ATX Gaming Case.) So would this current build of 7 be "stable/compatible" enough to run/keep on my system? I primarily game on it, but also use it for everyday stuff such as messenger, internet, word processing, photo editing, web page design, music, movies.

Any advice appreciated.

I should add that my rig does run fine with Vista 32 and 64 bit and scores a 5.7 overall, with 5.7 being the lowest sub score (processor).

Windows 7 is great.

I've been using Windows 7 on my main work computer (a Dell D630 laptop) for a week or so now and everything is working great. The OS is very stable and really doesn't give me any problems. I highly recommend it. Keep in mind of course that you may need to update some software to its latest available version for maximum compatibility.

If you have a license key, then yes, it'll be good enough to run permanantly until the beta drops.
However, without a license key, it'll only work for 30 days.

Thanks for the advice guys! Much appreciated. I did have a Vista beta key but discarded it when I purchased a copy of Vista Ultimate... so now I no longer have a key that will work from what I understand... :( Is there any chance of getting one from anyone on here?

Thanks in Advance..

Thanks for the advice guys! Much appreciated. I did have a Vista beta key but discarded it when I purchased a copy of Vista Ultimate... so now I no longer have a key that will work from what I understand... :( Is there any chance of getting one from anyone on here?

Thanks in Advance..

Use WGA Patcher 4.0 to activate your windows need more info pm me

If you have a license key, then yes, it'll be good enough to run permanantly until the beta drops.
However, without a license key, it'll only work for 30 days.

You can also activate Windows 7 with the new version of Windows Genuine Advantage 4.0 Patcher WGA 4.0 Patch you can google for it...

Back