Issue with my new keyboard

H4X0R46

Honorable Member
Hey guys! Me again. So I went ahead and ordered the ibuypower PC i mentioned, and it works great! Although, the enter key in the center of the keyboard is super touchy....... barely touching the key counts as a press! Did I just get a faulty keyboard or is there an easy fix I'm over looking.

This is the keyboard I'm talking about. Cheapo, but it's what they sent with my new PC.

Link: iBUYPOWER-Gaming-Keyboard-Black: iBUYPOWER® Gaming PC

Probably just poor design. Mechanical switch keyboards are the best, but tend to cost quite a bit more. This one is probably like most keyboards, under the keys is a big plastic or rubberish sheet with a bunch of copper lines. When you press a key it causes the two lines under that key to contact and that generates a signal to a chip that translates into a key code that represents a give key. You could probably pop the key off and take a dremel tool or some sand paper and sand the end down a little, test and repeat until it's less sensitive.

Probably just poor design. Mechanical switch keyboards are the best, but tend to cost quite a bit more. This one is probably like most keyboards, under the keys is a big plastic or rubberish sheet with a bunch of copper lines. When you press a key it causes the two lines under that key to contact and that generates a signal to a chip that translates into a key code that represents a give key. You could probably pop the key off and take a dremel tool or some sand paper and sand the end down a little, test and repeat until it's less sensitive.
I actually did end up popping the key off with a guitar pick, got a million of em laying around. It is that kind of keyboard, had a loose rubber piece in place, by loose I mean I could just flip the keyboard upsidedown and it would fall out lol I realized it is just poor design. I might try your suggestion however! You mean to sand down the rubber part a bit?

Edit: what's with a lot of gaming keyboards having a super super small backspace key!? That's driving be effing crazy! Haha it's the size of my finger tip EXACTLY! I may be looking into a better keyboard soon! I'm liking the mechanical ones a lot, but like you already said.... Price!

No the rubber boot is used to push the key back up. You would want to sand down the plastic part on the key that pushes into the rubber boot.

Oh for sure! I was thinking my logic after posting that. I may try that!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Back