Windows 10 It says that there will be issues with my display, however...

lemons

On my Windows 8.1 64-bit computer, my graphics card is AMD Radeon HD 7560D, and according to the system requirements for Windows 10 on the website, I meet all the criteria. I have DirectX 11, I have WDDM 1.3, my resolution is 1600 x 900, my processer has 3.2~ GHz, I have 6~ GBs of ram and I have an entire terabyte of hard drive space... But the "check my PC" tells me that my graphics card would cause me "display issues." Why? Does Windows just not recognize my graphics card? Should I even worry about this?

According to what Microsoft has publicly stated in their last couple of press releases, all Win10 Tech Previews and the Win10 RTM version due in July of this year will use drivers from chip manufacturers such as AMD, NVIDIA, and Intel that will be compliant with Win8.1 WHQL drivers as submitted to Microsoft by the manufacturers of these devices. However, after 1 year or so (probably less), and the backlog of submitted chips and hardware peripheral to the MS WHQL labs backlogs get cleared out, MS has stated they will support Win8.1 drivers. This of course will change, as it did with the advent of Win8, Win7, Vista, XP, 2000, etc. This is nothing new. Video Display chip/card manufacturers are usually at the top of the heap for testing with the new OS for WHQL certification; without that the manufacturer--in this case AMD cannot legally use the Win10 logo on the retail box of any video card with this chip inside of it. From past experience, this is usually less than the stated 1 year; more like a few months after PC, laptop, and tablets begin appearing on retail store shelves at the big box companies (Walmart, Best Buy, Staples, etc.)

Are you planning on installing this card now? If so, what build of Win10 are you planning on installing it on? You can also check the AMD website, as some chip makers are now releasing Beta tests of their Win10 drivers; however, they of course do not guarantee that they will work on production (RTM) release Win10--that's the one that will come out on machines in stores in the Fall of this year. I don't test Gaming apps on hardware/software platforms, there's like 10 million other guys who specialize in doing this and it's a niche market. If you're Gaming, I suggest you hit the Gaming websites, e-zines, or Gamestop to check on this in their community forums too. If you're not Gaming, it would really depend on the types of apps you are planning to run with your newly upgraded Win10 system (Tech Preview only at this point, since Win10 does not yet exist in retail). If you are doing something like AutoCAD; it's unlikely you'll get any help, as they always have lagged historically on getting their drivers to work with the new OS releases of Windows. The best thing to do, is to NOT install the Win10 upgrade on your existing system, but rather use an entirely different computer to do your testing. This is how I do it. If you cannot do this for cost or other reasons, at least switch out your hard drive, and purchase a 2nd hard drive for the Win10 install. If it fails, you can just swap out your original hard drive and be back up and running on Win8.1 in a few minutes. I use 4 different hard drives for the various builds (versions) of Win10 that come out on a near weekly basis for testing.

Let us know what your are planning to do, and we can advise you further.
There are also some sticky licensing issues we still don't know about Win10 and it could turn out to be a very expensive proposition to keep it on your existing PC.

<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

You can also set up a dual boot environment, and install Windows 10 tech preview to see if there are any problems. remember to make an image of your present installation before doing anything!
The only reason you are receiving the warning is probably because, at this stage, there is no officially certified graphics driver for the AMD.
If it is working 100% in Windows 8.1, I would say, with assurance , that it will run in Windows 10. But give it a whirl - that's what the tech preview is all about.

Great idea, Dave!:) That will work also. Imaging your drive from it's current condition is really the next best way to go. I should mention that if you attempt to do imaging AFTER the Win10 or dual-boot Win10 upgrade, it most likely won't work. I've tested 2 of the major software imaging companies products (Acronis TrueImage & Macrium Reflect) and neither will work on any of the Win10 Tech Preview versions up through 10063.

<<<BBJ>>>

Hi

I've been making images of my system every week or so since I started running Windows 10 (about 22 images) and I've restored about 7 times for one reason or another.

I'm using EaseUS TODO backup.
It is the easiest backup software to use that I've ever had.

It only takes about 3 clicks to create a backup and it will make its own bootable restore DVD with no hassles as well.

EaseUS%20TODO_zpspvvommzh.jpg

Just click on the System Backup button and tell it where you want to save it.
Look under tools to make a bootable recovery disk in either Linux or Windows PE OS.

http://www.todo-backup.com/products/home/free-backup-software.htm

Mike

Last edited:
Intersting, Mike. Thanks for the info and link! I'll take a look at it and try when I get some time.

Marc

@BIGBEARJEDI.
I don't know if you have tried those imiging progs again but I have build 10130 at the moment and Macrium has restored images of my c: drive twice and worked flawlessly. 4.10mins to restore, thats with all my programs installed as well.
Anyone elses Macrium restore not working in build 10130?

Last edited:
Back