Windows 7 Itunes works (almost) perfectly ...

nubee

Im running the 64bit Win7 and Itunes 8.0.2.20 (the 64bit happy version)

so... everything seems to be working just peachy keen EXCEPT my ability to edit the ID3 tag info. Ive got all of my audio files (the entire itunes library) on a separate drive. Just to uber clarify.... my MP3s are all on one drive NOT my primary OS drive and when i use the "get more info" option for a track from within Itunes all the fields display the proper information but are "greyed out" and inaccesible for the purpose of editing them. i cant delete tracks from my library through Itunes. i cant change the ID3 track info etc.

is this a permissions issue or something else ?

just test it ... give write permissions to yourself for one mp3 ... and see if you can change it's ID3 information. if you can, it's a permission thing (which I guess it is).

just test it ... give write permissions to yourself for one mp3 ... and see if you can change it's ID3 information. if you can, it's a permission thing (which I guess it is).

under the "security" tab (under the audio drive's properties) "everyone" is granted all controls with the exception of the "owner creator". when i try to grant any privelages to that account i get an error "access denied".

am i just being dumb here?

Back
Top Bottom