June 2014 Website Updates and Changes

Mike

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
On the server back-end level:
  • PHP has been updated.
  • We are no longer using MySQL (see: MariaDB)
  • We are no longer using apache (see: Litespeedtech Enterprise Web Server)
  • A significant number of maintenance tasks were performed.
  • Mobile API was updated.
  • GTMetrix score page speed rating of 92 (grade A).
  • Google page speed rating: 75/100 (desktop) 72/100 (mobile).

We are looking at improving the functionality of certain areas of the website, including access to tutorials and other common areas. This is a process that could take a lot of time, but we look forward to improved user interaction and feedback. Thanks for visiting.

• The forum has been updated. We are currently now using the latest version of XenForo, which fixes a number of Internet Explorer (IE) related issues when rendering pages.
  • Our elastic search feature was also updated and is no longer in a beta feature.
  • These updates, are, hopefully, a precursor, to improving other key areas of the website at some point in the future following our next team meeting.

I have been seeing the message attached. The Browser basically freezes and must be restarted. It appears to be related to editing a post once, or maybe more than once... IE 11

Attachments

• Forum Problem.JPG
    Forum Problem.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 449
As I've already posted in a previous thread I'm also seeing users complaining of not being able to upload files.

This issue is finally resolved.
As I've already posted in a previous thread I'm also seeing users complaining of not being able to upload files.
Please let me know under what circumstances you are still seeing this, if at all. Thanks @Saltgrass.
I have been seeing the message attached. The Browser basically freezes and must be restarted. It appears to be related to editing a post once, or maybe more than once... IE 11

Back
Top Bottom