Windows 7 Keybord and touch pad not working

hcop

Ok, here goes.

HP laptop g60 windows 7 os

My laptop starts fine. Windows 7 starts and goes to the password request. The keyboard works touch pad does not. After Windows 7 starts and the keyboard stops working.

Altough there has been two occassions where the keyboard seemed to work in windows 7, twice then stops for no reason. The touch pad never worked before windows 7 loads or before. When checking the mouse in the control panel only my working wireless mouse shows and works. The Synaptic touch pad shows but is not recognized.

Not much hair left to pull out!!!:mad:

Not sure which G60 you have. Normally they will have additional designations like;
100, 200, 400, 500, 600 with defining number to indicate which one in the series and then a couple of letters.
Did the laptop come with Win7 installed or did you upgrade?
Typically you would go to HP's website and download the appropriate drivers for your devices for Windows 7 (32 or 64bit) alternately Windows Vista drivers may work in some cases. Check the area usually indicated by "Input Devices" on their site.
Keep us posted.

Thanks Randy,

Though that I did that last night. But today I downloaded the updates on a thumb drive, deleted keyboard drivers and installed from the thumb drive. I installed keyboard, synaptic touchpad and bios firmware. All is well!!!

Now I am trying to determine how to re-installed extracted hair.

Thaks again, hcop

You're welcome and thanks for the followup.
Good luck and stay safe. Have a pretty good friend that's a retired Houston Police Officer.
Best Wishes and hope to continue to see you around the forum.
Randy

Back