Kinect Cursor WPF Control

News

Extraordinary Robot
Robot
Today Friend of the Gallery is back, today with a cool control you can use in your next Kinect for Windows WPF app.

Other recent Gallery Posts for Vangos Pterneas;

Kinect cursor for hand tracking

Navigating through a Natural User Interface using your palm is quite common – after all, it’s the primary navigation mechanism XBOX uses. Many Windows Kinect applications implement hand tracking for similar purposes. Today, I would like to share a Kinect hand cursor control I developed and you can use for your own apps. This hand cursor control will save you tons of time and you’ll be able to integrate it right into your existing WPF code!

Here is the final result of this handful user control:

Using the control in your project is fairly easy. Read on!

Prerequisites

The code

OK, let’s type some quick code now.

Step 1: Download the project from GitHub

Download the source code and build it using Visual Studio. Locate the assembly named KinectControls.dll.

Step 2: Import the assembly to your project ...

Step 3: Import the assembly to your XAML code ...

Step 4: Move the cursor using C# ...

Copyrights

You are free to use the user control as you wish for your personal and commercial projects, just by making a simple attribution in your project or buying me a beer.

PS: New Kinect book - 20% off

This blog post is part of a new book I am publishing a new ebook in a few days. The book is an in-depth developer guide about Kinect, using simple language and step-by-step examples. You'll learn usability tips, performance tricks and best practices for implementing robust Kinect apps. Please meet Kinect Essentials, the essence of my 3 years of teaching, writing and developing for the Kinect platform. Oh, did I mention that you'll get a 20% discount if you simply subscribe now? Hurry up

[Click through too see the samples, read the entire post and more]

Project Information URL: http://pterneas.com/2014/06/06/kinect-cursor-for-hand-tracking/

Project Download URL: Download from GitHub

Project Source URL: Download from GitHub

Contact Information:

Follow @CH9
Follow @Coding4Fun
Follow @KinectWindows
Follow @gduncan411

njs.gif

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom