Windows 7 Laaag!! cant play online games well S:

mafia9577

well, the problem started when i wanted to install windows 7, because they told me it was faster and better than xp...so i did it. Then when i installed it in my pc all went well except that playing online games, such as call of duty multiplayer, i have lag spikes.. my connection gets interrupted every 5-6 (sometimes more ) ..but the thing is i cant play like before...

I updated my graphic card to the latest one. i dont know what is causing it. i deactivated the firewall and nothing...

I researched this problem in google and found that this is happening to more people S:

pd: im not using avg antivirus.. im using kaspersky

Last edited:
I'm getting the same fps playing cod4 on win 7 (no spikes). I don't know about other online games, but cod4 runs great. Make sure you have the latest graphics drivers.

what antivirus are you using?? and did you deactivated something or you just played doing nothing D:?

I'm running avast. I leave it running in the background. I don't know what would be causing your lag spikes. What vid card and drivers are you using?

BFG geforce 9800 gtx + OC 1 gb ddr3

driver:

GeForce/ION Driver Release 185 WHQL
Version: 185.85
Release Date: May 06, 2009
Operating System: Windows 7 (32-bit)
Language: U.S. English
File Size: 81.9 MB

Wow, I don't know. Unfortunately I have an ATI card, so I can't be much help there. Maybe a service or something running in the background? Maybe someone else might have a better idea.

Back
Top Bottom