Windows 7 Laaag!! cant play online games well S:

mafia9577

well, the problem started when i wanted to install windows 7, because they told me it was faster and better than xp...so i did it. Then when i installed it in my pc all went well except that playing online games, such as call of duty multiplayer, i have lag spikes.. my connection gets interrupted every 5-6 (sometimes more ) ..but the thing is i cant play like before...

I updated my graphic card to the latest one. i dont know what is causing it. i deactivated the firewall and nothing...

I researched this problem in google and found that this is happening to more people S:

pd: im not using avg antivirus.. im using kaspersky

Last edited:
I'm getting the same fps playing cod4 on win 7 (no spikes). I don't know about other online games, but cod4 runs great. Make sure you have the latest graphics drivers.

I'm running avast. I leave it running in the background. I don't know what would be causing your lag spikes. What vid card and drivers are you using?

BFG geforce 9800 gtx + OC 1 gb ddr3

driver:

GeForce/ION Driver Release 185 WHQL
Version: 185.85
Release Date: May 06, 2009
Operating System: Windows 7 (32-bit)
Language: U.S. English
File Size: 81.9 MB

Wow, I don't know. Unfortunately I have an ATI card, so I can't be much help there. Maybe a service or something running in the background? Maybe someone else might have a better idea.

Back