Windows Vista Lagging problem in hp pavilion dv6000

inu33

Hi,

I am using an HP Pavilion dv600 with the following:

• AMD Turion 64, dual core processor
  • 2 GB DDR2 memory
  • 15.4″ WXGA High-Definition HP BrightView Widescreen Display (1280 x 800)
  • 256MB NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) Go 7200
  • 160GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
  • LightScribe SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-RW with Double Layer Support
  • 1.3 Megapixel Webcam with mic built into screen
  • Altec Lansing speakers built in
  • 3 USB ports, ExpressCard/54 Slot, Video Out, Integrated Consumer IR, 1 RJ-11, 1 RJ-45
  • Windows Vista Home Premium
I have been running this notebook for a year and a half, but since about 3 months ago I started having a problem. Every time I turn on the computer and enter my password to load my desktop, the screen goes black right before making the switch from the password screen to the desktop. Ad it stays that way for about a minute.

This also happens when windows asks me confirmation for security purposes. Right before the screen pops up the confirmation box (with the background being kind of faded) it turns black and stays that way for a minute.

It always turned black, but never for more than a few seconds (2 - 3). It appears to me that every time there is a screen transition, this happens.

I appreciate any help. Thank you.

Have you run any of your malware, spyware and adaware software? Do that and see if any issues are found and fix any that are found. Then clean out all junk files.... then defrag hard drive and defrag registyr....reboot. Then check if your issue still remains. Sounds like to me some sort of bug or corrupt registry. Doing the above should remove and fix those issues. Post back with results and we can go from there.

I had the same problem before...you updated your video driver through windows update....you have to go to HP's website and download the old driver from your laptop's model number

remove your current driver, and then install that one

I have a black screen

I get a black screen lag after the Microsoft Loading Bar, about a minute or so. It's an HP with similar specs and age. Recently replaced Drivers from HP, printers not connected to notebook. Happens using AVG 8.5 or Norton Internet Security.

(Replaced everything off the HP Website)

Back