Windows 7 Language capability in Win 7 versions?

Lotusman

In MS's description of the differences between the versions of Windows 7, under the Ultimate version they say, "switch between any of 35 languages", and suggest that if you need language capability use should use the "Ultimate" version.

In my current "Home Premium" and "Professional" versions of Vista and XP, I have the ability install different input language keyboards in a language bar, that allows me to switch to say, a Japanese input keyboard. Will this capability continue in Home pPremium and Professional versions of Windows 7, or will I now need to buy the more expensive Ultimate version to be able to input (type) Japanese?

Hi Drew-

Thanks for the response, but that doesn't really answer my question. I don't really need 35 different languages. Microsoft, in the advertising/product info seems to be suggesting that if you need multiple language capability, then you need to buy "Ultimate". I guess it comes down to what they mean by "switch between 35 different languages". MS is a bit vague or unclear here. I don't need to be able to read Windows menus, icon, toolbars and help info in multiple languages, that is, to operate the OS -- English does just fine for me, thank you. The ability to "switch between 35 different languages" that I need is the ability to input, or write, in different languages such as Japanese. As I mentioned, I currently have the ability install different input language keyboards in a language bar, in both Home Premium and Professional versions of Windows Vista and XP. These allows me to switch to a Japanese input keyboard. Will this capability -- to switch between different language input keyboards through the Language bar -- continue in Home Premium and Professional versions of Windows 7?

Hi
I am also very interested to know what is meant by Switch between any of 35 languages.

however I do want to be able to switch between different langauges and not just the keyboard layout.
currently I create virtual Pc's with each countries local langauge of OS installed, so this would be a major help to me.

Cheers

don't quote me on this but I believe the function of inputting foreign language will still be supported by the lesser of the windows 7 versions, what the ultimate supports, to my belief, is that you can actually view everything in windows in the language of your choice, just like it is in vista ultimate...

Back