Windows 8 Language changed but still shows incorrect language in some areas

RicheeP

Hi,

I recently purchased a new PC which was shipped from France. Inevitably the initial setup was in French but I eventually managed to get it switched to English after a crash course in the French native lingo (not easy!)

My problem is, even after doing this, yes my Windows 8 mainly displays English but there are some parts where it still display French, i.e after doing Windows updates you get a splash screen which I think is telling me the updates are installing (in French) and also the welcome screen says 'Bienvue' apose to 'Welcome'.

is there another setting somewhere I might have missed?

Thanks for the suggestion - Although this only allows me to install a language pack for Windows which is already installed and working (Windows is displaying and working in English). My issue is various login/shutdown/installing updates screens which still display in French

I've also checked the BIOS and options in there are already pointing to English too.

I have three of these PC's all doing the same thing so I'm guessing there is some sort of 'system' language setting which needs changing?

Hi,
if you look at my screenshot make sure both of the checkboxes I have arrowed are checked off:
language.jpg

Thanks Kemical - that has resolved my issue

many thanks for your help - I had no idea these options existed in Win 8 (or what possible purpose they can have!)

These are the steps you need to take to change the language from French to English:
  1. Right-click on the start button in the lower right corner and click Control Panel.
  2. Click language.
  3. Click Add a Language.
  4. Select the language that you would like to add and click Add.
  5. Under the Windows display language header, it will indicate whether or not there is a language pack available.

Back
Top Bottom