laptop windows 7

funnnyfarm

My new Toshiba laptop has Windows 7. When I go to "Computer" it has 3 Program Files , files (Program Files , Program Files (x86) , PROGRAM FILES (x86) (x86) ). What is up with that? How I noticed is I have "Topo 4.0" program and went to save what I did in the topo , and I recived an erro ,see attched. Got any ideas? Thanks funnnyfarm

Attachments

Mitchell_A

Essential Member
You have C:\Program Files and Program Files (x86) because you have a 64 bit system,
what is in the other program files folder? a screenshot would be nice ;)
Try right clicking the Topo shortcut and selecting "Run As Administrator"

funnnyfarm

The "PROGRAM FILES (x86) (x86)" file is PROGRAM FILES (x86) (x86)\COMMON FILES\PC TOOLS\"this folder is empty" . Nothing there for a screenshot. And I have show hidden files on. But the Run Administrator worked. Thanks funnnyfarm

Mitchell_A

Essential Member
OK, it's probably safe to delete the folder then.
Also, if you right click the shortcut and select "Properties" and then Click the "Compatibility" tab, you can check off a box that states "Run this program as an administrator" Which will make it always run as admin by default :)

Did you make a clean installation of the current operating system? I don't think so.

Mitchell_A

Essential Member
"My new Toshiba laptop has Windows 7."
Meaning it was a factory install :)

funnnyfarm

It would,t let me do it there. I had to click on " Change Settings for All Users" just below Privileged Level . Just thought I let you know FYI. All works now Thanks funnnyfarm

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.