Windows 7 laptop windows 7

funnnyfarm

My new Toshiba laptop has Windows 7. When I go to "Computer" it has 3 Program Files , files (Program Files , Program Files (x86) , PROGRAM FILES (x86) (x86) ). What is up with that? How I noticed is I have "Topo 4.0" program and went to save what I did in the topo , and I recived an erro ,see attched. Got any ideas? Thanks funnnyfarm

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    27 KB · Views: 451
You have C:\Program Files and Program Files (x86) because you have a 64 bit system,
what is in the other program files folder? a screenshot would be nice ;)
Try right clicking the Topo shortcut and selecting "Run As Administrator"

The "PROGRAM FILES (x86) (x86)" file is PROGRAM FILES (x86) (x86)\COMMON FILES\PC TOOLS\"this folder is empty" . Nothing there for a screenshot. And I have show hidden files on. But the Run Administrator worked. Thanks funnnyfarm

OK, it's probably safe to delete the folder then.
Also, if you right click the shortcut and select "Properties" and then Click the "Compatibility" tab, you can check off a box that states "Run this program as an administrator" Which will make it always run as admin by default :)

Did you make a clean installation of the current operating system? I don't think so.

It would,t let me do it there. I had to click on " Change Settings for All Users" just below Privileged Level . Just thought I let you know FYI. All works now Thanks funnnyfarm

Back
Top Bottom