Windows 8 Launch Multiple Applications On Windows Startup Without Slowing Your PC Down

LegoManIAm94

WARNING: THIS IS IN BETA AND MAY NOT ACTUALLY ALLOW YOU TO LAUNCH MULTIPLE APPLICATIONS WITHOUT PERFORMACE ISSUES.

I know if you have too many startup programs your PC will get slow and when you log in to your Windows account it will take awhile for things to get running since your computer is trying to launch a bunch of applications at once. My solution is to make one program that can launch multiple programs if your choice but instead of launching all the programs at once it launches one at a time and it will wait before it launches the next program. You can customize how long the time intervals should be between the program. You are able to have up to 25 programs that can launch on startup. For more info go to the google drive link below and go to the Startup Launcher folder. This will also allow you to launch programs on startup that are running in Administrator mode. This was made using AutoHotKey.

drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6f9D_gHiAsxOEpuWWdwam9jcjQ&usp=drive_web

The process you describe will leave resources under utilised whilst just one program is being loaded and executed at a time. This will lead to longer overall time to load and execute the entire startup set.

UPDATE: My idea unfortunately does not improve the performance on startup. Thank you patcooke for your input on this.

patcooke :
The only thing you can do is to eliminate things you don't need. The best tool to monitor and manage startups is autoruns from technet at Microsoft. It gives you a very comprehensive listing and enables you to temporarily disable startup items and to delete any you know you don't want. It's free and doesn't require installing, just unzip the download and run autoruns.exe. You will need to run it as administrator to make changes. Download here: Autoruns for Windows

Back
Top Bottom