Windows 10 Lenovo Service Bridge is still running ?

Terje Meringdal

I have read on Lenovo's website about Lenovo Service Bridge. But I do not understand that much. No matter what Lenovo Service Bridge is for something or why I've used it for it? But I clicked on the icon, and then the program started running. And now more days after, the program is running yet. Is it that I will stop it, if so how? Or should the program only run? If I do not fully know the purpose. Attach the sceenshot image. I have a Lenovo G510, and oppgrate I have a Lenovo G510 laptop, approx. 5 years old and recently upgraded to Windows 10.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    91 KB · Views: 538
Full Details on it can be found here: Lenovo Service Bridge: Automatically detects your system type and serial number for an improved Lenovo support experience

Purpose of it, Blurb from above link
The data we collect is used for several purposes to help you get the best support for your product:

• Instead of manually searching or browsing for your product, Lenovo Service Bridge will automatically detect your product, saving you time.
  • Personalize your support experience by showing you content and support options for your specific product. When you come back to our support website in the future, we can quickly show you support options for your product.
  • Use the serial number to tell you if your product is under warranty, and the warranty expiration date.
  • If you need to contact our call center, our support personnel will need this information to better assist you. Lenovo Service Bridge will save you time by giving you the information you need to pass along to them.
  • Provide you the capability to start/pause/resume downloads of multiple files at once.

It's not really required and the link also includes instructions to remove it if you want.

Certainly an optional service similar to Dell's Hardware Assistant, or HP's Assistant. I concur the program should be safe to use. Lenovo has been lagging on a program such as this to help User's help themselves. Now it appears they finally have one.

<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Back