Windows 7 limited connectivity issue

therave

I am having limited connectivity issues...different times, different things doing and have to reset the network adapter.

I have a EVGA n780i motherbaord and am usisng a Linksys WRT54G router.

Any ideas how to fix this as it is very annoying.

I'm having the exact same issue. with the exact same setup. I'm currently running the most up to date driver for the NVIDIA networking controller and have updated the firmware in the router. The network seems to run fine for a while but then goes into "Limited Connectivity" mode and I have to disable/enable the adapter in order for it to work again. Please someone post some kind of suggestion!

By the way: I am currently using a wired connection.

I'm having the exact same issue. with the exact same setup. I'm currently running the most up to date driver for the NVIDIA networking controller and have updated the firmware in the router. The network seems to run fine for a while but then goes into "Limited Connectivity" mode and I have to disable/enable the adapter in order for it to work again. Please someone post some kind of suggestion!

By the way: I am currently using a wired connection.
[ QUOTE] updated the firmware in the router [/QUOTE]
Hi jfarr
A word about the type of Broadband ISP ( Cable or DSL)would have made the information provided perfect.:)
If you have the same Linksys WRT54G wireless router as the original poster ,in my opinion, you have already done a Text book troubleshoot for the problem.

By trying the Wired LAN portion of the above Wireless Router and reproducing the same connectivity problem you have ruled out the argument one could pose that Wireless Access Point function of the above Wireless Router might be responsible for this issue because of the inherent weakness of Wifi.

Unless you both have a problem at the IPS' Modem level or at the Outside BOX ( Residential connection of the Cable or DSL ) or in the case of DSL , noise within the residence from unfiltered Phone sockets or damaged telephone wiring, or a very mischevious ISP (Often Cable) disconnecting and playing the "switcheroo game, my suspicion is a defective Router. If you can buy or borrow a Router for a few hours you can make a definitive diagnosis. I know I have not helped you with a less expensive or easy to perform troubleshoot. That is because your troubleshoot has been the one I would have done under the same set of data and my next step is change of Router before I call the ISP to complain about their bad service!
Good luck and post back after final diagnosis and treatment.

My ISP is Comcast Cable internet. Before installing windows 7 i never had any issues. I also can't find a form of the ethernet driver that will work with windows 7. There are currently other computers connected to the network as well that work fine. I'm pretty sure its just an issue with how windows 7 interacts with the nforce network controller. I went down to my local comp store and picked up a cheap little PCI wireless adapter which works fine and is stable but is noticably slower than before... I guess I'll just wait for microsoft to address this problem.

My ISP is Comcast Cable internet. Before installing windows 7 i never had any issues. I also can't find a form of the ethernet driver that will work with windows 7. There are currently other computers connected to the network as well that work fine. I'm pretty sure its just an issue with how windows 7 interacts with the nforce network controller. I went down to my local comp store and picked up a cheap little PCI wireless adapter which works fine and is stable but is noticably slower than before... I guess I'll just wait for microsoft to address this problem.

OK, if other computers in the network were connecting OK ( which was not obvious from the brief post and the original post to which it was piggy-backed as identical setup without mentioning the presence of an already existing network) through the LinkSys Wireless Router and Cable Modem to the Internet the issue can certainly be isolated to the interface between the Win 7 PC and the Router.

What type of network do you have?

You said that PC has an Nvidia nForce Networking controller. If this PC is custom assembled, did you install the latest Vista Drivers for both the Chipset and Network Controller from the MoBo manufacturer's site? I have a cheap Zotac nForce 610i-ITX board with integrated nForce Networking Controller and I use the Latest driver From Zotac site ( Vista X32) when I run win7 Bit -32 Build 7100 and Vista X64 while running Win 7 Bit- 64 Build 7100, 7077 and 7048 from different partitions as Multiboot. Similarly I have another System with PC Chipps P55G also with nForce Networking Controller having no problem. I use a homenetwork of several PCs with different OSes and some wired to and otheres on Wireless USB adapters or PCI cards connecting to a Wireless Router (Buffalo WHR-G125) with 4 Ethernet ports . so please check your MoB Manufacturer's site or the Computer manufacturer's site ( if you have a Brand name PC) for the latest VISTA drivers for that Network adapter and I said for chipset too. Install first the chipset then the NIC driver.
The next step is to verify the output from IPCONFIG /all command from an elevated CMD line.

what is the IPCONFIG /ALL in this PC showing when you are able to connect and when this error message is showing up?

Capture the Screen and upload as JPG image here that might give clues to why you are not able to connect.

Make sure the IE8 has not fouled up your Network settings IE> Tools>Internet Options> Connections tab make sure Never dial a connection is selected (.)

LAN Settings >- [ ]Automatically detect settings selected [Checked]

So , before giving up, try these steps. All other causes beyond your Win 7 PC ,I mentioned previously are irrelevent in the light of additional information in your current post.

Windows 7100 Limited Connectivity Same Problem

I have a belkin wireless router (model F5d7230-4 6000) same issue everyone else is having with limited connectivity. I would be conneced and twenty minutes later limited connectivity. I have to restart my computer in order to fix this problem. The funny thing is that I did not have this problem until I went to 7100 build from 7000 build. The 7000 build actually ran better, I might go back to that installation. My son can connect to our router wirelessly with winxp and build 7000 no problems. Something is wrong with the build. I check the difference between 7000 build and 7100 build has for home groups and services and drivers, everything is the same. I can't figure out but it bugs me a lot. They need to fix this or I am going to stay with Winxp if it becomes release. It's a real problem, I know this is beta, but they had the issue resolved at 7000 build, I don't understand why mess with something if it is working ok. I hope Microsoft reads this forum and fixes the issue.

I have a belkin wireless router (model F5d7230-4 6000) same issue everyone else is having with limited connectivity. I would be conneced and twenty minutes later limited connectivity. I have to restart my computer in order to fix this problem. The funny thing is that I did not have this problem until I went to 7100 build from 7000 build. The 7000 build actually ran better, I might go back to that installation. My son can connect to our router wirelessly with winxp and build 7000 no problems. Something is wrong with the build. I check the difference between 7000 build and 7100 build has for home groups and services and drivers, everything is the same. I can't figure out but it bugs me a lot. They need to fix this or I am going to stay with Winxp if it becomes release. It's a real problem, I know this is beta, but they had the issue resolved at 7000 build, I don't understand why mess with something if it is working ok. I hope Microsoft reads this forum and fixes the issue.
This is just a thought as the exact Newtworking requirement for Win 7 has not been posted anywhere. Vista Wireless Networking requirement for Wireless Accespoints and Router have been published.
Common feature set support issues can be caused by a lack of full support for:

· UPnP

· Quality of Service (QoS)

· NAT type

· IPv6

· Teredo

· 6to4 tunneling

If your Belkin Wireless Router has any latest firmware upgrade, consider applying that.

I have been using Win 7 7000, ( both 32 and 64) build 7048, 7077 and 7100 and I have not had that problem using a Wireless Router and different Brand Wireless Adapters. The Adapters were installed initially using Manufacturer's latest VISTA drivers from disc or downloads. Build 7100 had native drivers for my Encore Wireless network adapters ( some USB and some PCI cards) in the ISO image itself. I have never done any Install over the previous Build but always used Constom install on a clean partition to avoid any carry over of old drivers in Windows\System32 from the existing build to the current.

Limited Connectivity

Yeah, I agree, it could be some of the networking might not be fully developed yet. As for the firmware I updated at build 7000, and everything was working ok then. I can hard wire into the router and no disconnects, its just the wireless that keeps dropping to limited connectivity. When its limited I am not even able to go into my wireless settings. I even tried disabling my ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew it doesn't work either. Also when it drops my cpu spikes and explorer typically crashes. The only fix is to restart my computer. I did virus scans on nothing shows up. I put a dual partition on added 7000 build back on today, and it works fine with this build. I might have to go to Walmart and pick up a new router, it is a couple years old, so it might be time for a upgrade. I will wait it out for a while hopefully someone will find a solution or Microsoft will post a fix for it.

Yeah, I agree, it could be some of the networking might not be fully developed yet. As for the firmware I updated at build 7000, and everything was working ok then. I can hard wire into the router and no disconnects, its just the wireless that keeps dropping to limited connectivity. When its limited I am not even able to go into my wireless settings. I even tried disabling my ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew it doesn't work either. Also when it drops my cpu spikes and explorer typically crashes. The only fix is to restart my computer. I did virus scans on nothing shows up. I put a dual partition on added 7000 build back on today, and it works fine with this build. I might have to go to Walmart and pick up a new router, it is a couple years old, so it might be time for a upgrade. I will wait it out for a while hopefully someone will find a solution or Microsoft will post a fix for it.
In have worked with Belkin, D-link, Linksys, Netgear and TRENDNet, mostly setting up or troubleshooting for friends/relatives but for me I like Buffalo Technology's Wireless Router and when available and the price is right, their adapters as well. The Best and consistently good performance I have seen is from Buffalo Technology's Wireless Router. I am currently using their older model AirStation WHR -G125 and it works flawless. I have their newer Wireless N : AirStation NfiNITI Wireless N Router ready to go if something should happen to the old work horse I've been using for a while. Unfortunately Buffalo brand is not available in many stores especially after it had to go on a lawsuit for some patent cases on its AOSS technology but apparently Buffalo won but lost buisiness in North America through retail outlets.

windows 7 Loses network connectivity

I have a similar situation as well. Network will work fine until I play an online video file like from youtube. It's pretty odd. It could also be a coincidence as well with other network software like uTorrent.

This is my configuration:
Abit KN9SLI mother board with nForce 580 chipset.
Wired to ATT Uverse Residential gateway.
Running Windows 7 x64 RC 7100

Did an Upgrade from Vista. Never had network issues before. Noticed issue same day I installed Windows 7. If I play any flash based flv files system loses network connection right away.

I ran half open and set my limit to 100 instead of 10.Half-open limit fix (patch) for Windows - Home

more info: Link Removed - Invalid URL

I also installed tcpz64 to monitor the connections and also tried changing the limit to 200 in there as well.
Windows 7 tcpip.sys Auto Patcher to Remove TCP/IP Connection Limit - Windows 7 Forums

Anyway still losing connectivity

hi there again, i have something like that to, i am using utorrent to download someting

half open set to 200
maximum connection to peers in utorrent set to 80
protocol encryptation enabled and was set to forced to earlier

and stil the maximum connection seeds i get is 10/12, and i got near 50 peers connected
it is not supposed to connect to all the peers available?

Unidentified Network Fix...

Check to see if you have this little devil in your services list:

"##Id_String2.6844F930_1628_4223_B5CC_5BB94B87 9762 ##"

If you do, stop it and disable it. It is actually the Bonjour DNS Responder Service, and I believe it is the cause of the "Unidentified Network."

The Unidentified Network disappeared after stopping this service and a quick disable/enable of the NIC, restoring Internet access.

I Actually just rebooted, edited this post, and then re-enabled the offensive service to see what would happen...Immediately after enabling the NIC and this bastard service, the "Unidentified Network" returned...stopped it, disabled it, disable/enable NIC...Internet back up and running and no "Unidentified Network." (woot - woot!)

Hope that helps! I haven't had issues since...
:razz:

FYI - I experienced this in both build 7100 and 7127...I am running 7127 now x64 - and discovered this fix just last night...so far so good just rebooted and then edited this post...I believe this fix will solve 7100 build issues too; however... I have not tested 7100 again yet.

...I also re-enabled Win 7's Discovery Mapping services, but always leave IPv6 disabled just because I am not using it.

...another two reboots, and a hard disk addition, and no problems with the Internet! - If you tried another fix such as changing the address of your network adapter, under "Advanced" - this is not necessary...I set mine back to "Not Configured." Everything is working fine as long as the Bonjour service is not running...

My system:
ASUS P5E
Quad Core Q6600
4GB Corsair Dominator DDR2
NIC: Marvell Yukon 8E8056; driver v10.69.2.3 (4/21/2009)
***fyi - i did update the default Windows driver with this, Vista x64 driver

For the record, there is some blame pointing towards the following software, of which I do have installed and running properly:
Office 2007 SP2
Adobe CS3 (updated current)

I found damn service but nothing changed. I still lose connectivity when there is high network traffic.

Common denominator is that we all are having Nvidia controllers and Win 7.

I am going crazy.

My PC:

QuadCore9450
Zotac nForce 780i SLI Supreme
8 GB Corsair RAM 800 MHz
5TB WD 7200 RPM
Creative Audigy (series one)

Back