Windows Vista Links not working for me

How big does the final standalone installer come in at? Anyone know? Just curious.

Is this going to be back up any time soon, as in tonight? Because I keep checking back to the site to see if it has updated. Anyone know?

Does anyone know if that is the RTM?

That is not it. Those are the tools that the developers use to handle, customize, and distribute the service pack to machines in a company. I thought it was the service pack too, but it's not. Waiting for them to upload it somewhere else, why is it taking so long to do that?

I know I would have figured it would be up somewhere by now.

How big does the final standalone installer come in at? Anyone know? Just curious.

English language version:

32-BIT: Size: 434 MB (455,562,200 bytes)
64-BIT: Size: 726 MB (761,740,600 bytes)

There is also a 36-language version of the stand-alone installer for both 32-bit and 64-bit that we do not have.

Hi Mike, judging by your post it suggests that you have the RTM. Any chance of providing a link .... etc.

Thanks

Hi Mike, judging by your post it suggests that you have the RTM. Any chance of providing a link .... etc.

Thanks
We are working on it and will update as soon as possible. Trying to get it uploaded somewhere now, but the speed is capped. I will let you know how it goes as soon as it is done.

Hey, Mike? Ever thought about posting the RTM to Usenet? You could make multipart binaries with PAR recovery files and then let everyone fend for themselves with a newsreader. Old school but it works well for mass distribution.

I'll do it if you like. Post back here and I'll register so you can have my e-mail address.

Winnebago

Or how about BT... after all this is exactly what BT was designed for... distributing large files without the need to stress a server!

My offer is still up if you need help with bandwidth, I can offer 1 TB of bw in my server to be used through this month.

Or, if we just put it on bit torrent then nobody has to use up any server's bandwidth and it can be available to everyone that wants it.

Re: Fakes not working for me

Microsoft should be ashamed of themselves. They've created an opportunity for fraud and tsunami of fakes are popping up all over the internet. Sites like this simply propel the idea that the RTM version is out there. I'm sorry but nobody in their right mind puts something like this up as a direct download and expects their server or hosting provider to tolerate it.

Seems like a great way to propagate the myth that the real version is out there somewhere, and get more hits on your website. Hey, maybe I'm dead wrong and you're one of the lucky ones who has the real deal. At this point anyone who downloads any of these unofficial releases off the net is just asking to be faked.

I've got a MSDN Universal Subscription, which is supposed to give me access to everything (as a developer) so I can test my stuff against it before its released to the masses. It's basically a giant download site of everything Microsoft has released. It hasn't shown up on MSDN yet, but I'm hoping it'll be there soon. Windows 2008 Server showed up on there yesterday, so that was interesting.

Anyway, thats about the only source I would trust. Microsoft's phone lines are probably ablaze with people screaming for access to this Service Pack. Once again Microsoft makes a really stupid decision, but gets away with it because they can waste tons of money supporting their stupid decision.

Good luck, there may never be any way to truly verify the validity of any of these leaked-and-possibly-fake SP1 updates until the real deal shows up on an official Microsoft download site. THANKS MICROSOFT!

We still believe that 1840 is the RTM build for Service Pack 1. The Windows Automated Installation Kit (WAIK) was updated recently and refers to this build number as the RTM build that was released to manufacturers on Monday.

Shortly after we put the files up for download, our server was slammed with hundreds of thousands of download requests and crashed last night, even after we made some changes. We had no choice but to pull the files temporarily, until we can get them back up on a seperate mirror, if that is even possible.

I will let you know what we can do about getting the files back online. Since SP1 is a free update that is going to be available to all licensed Windows Vista customers in March, I don't think that theres any issues with hosting these files. They are digitally signed by Microsoft. If we receive any request not to distribute the files from them we will not do so. But we are still looking in to bringing them back online.

We have a new mirror and you should now be able to download. And to respond t your prior post, we in no way anticipated this many downloads. We did not put up a fake for hits. The executables are digitally signed by Microsoft Corp. Whether or not this is the same build that will be released on Windows Update in March is unknown, but we are confident enough to say that this is the RTM that was sent out on Monday. We have tested the files since we got them on an X86 PC and a X64 PC. The only reason I put them in my blog is because I thought it could help people who are having problems with Windows Vista.

Thank you very much! I have been having issues and I really hope this resolves them. From what I have been reading it should so I am pretty excited to get this installed.

Nice, thank you so much, can't wait for another month to try and fix some problems I'm having, hope SP1 will do :)

the question i have is this...i downloaded Server 2008 32bit and i noticed in that file there is a spinstall folder. I went into it and ran the sp1install real file...it popped up and said Vista Serivce Pack 1 and wanted to install it. According to the iso i downloaded (havent installed it yet so dont know if its real or not) the build number ends in 1840. I would have given this a shot but im running the 64bit version...my wifes computer is 32bit.

Is this possibly the way everyone is finding SP1 RTM? Within the Windows 2008 download ISO?

Back
Top Bottom