Windows Vista Links not working for me

Hi everyone. I just wanted to publically thank Mike and Bios for getting the RTM up and running late last night.

I can imagine the work involved in trying to get things back up to speed. I suppose my timing was lucky. The install went without a hitch, and so far the system is stable and performance improvements are evident. It just feels snappier ( if that makes any sense to you :rolleyes: ).

So again guys ... Kudos , well done in coming through at the 11th hour.

Cheers

Yea same here. I personally did join this forum while in my search for vista sp1. However i have found that there is a lot to offer on this forum so im glad i found it :)

I did download the 64bit version but the site was down before the 32bit version could be had. However im greatful for those who made them possible to be downloaded in the first place. It should be Microsoft offering these downloads.

Hi guys,

I am from jcxp, right so links still not available yet. If somebody could upload to megaupload then great. This is brilliant.

Thanks, Kem. I appreciate the info.

For those needing SP1, grab a newsreader such as Newsleecher and grab it from alt.binaries.warez.ibm-pc.ms-beta. It appears to be the official release. You may need a subscription to Giganews but you should have a decent news server anyway, right?

Give these poor souls running Windows Vista Forums a break and look elsewhere. I think they deserve it =).

Winnebago : Check out this thread here... http://winvistaforums.com/windows-vista-discussion/11194-there-differance-between-rc-sp1.html

Just to add, has anyone seen the news section to this forum? News just in (with accompanying link)is that SP1 could be released by MS as soon as 18th Feb.. Not sure about the validity of the claim as it comes from a French website.

Well it used to be here before and others were downloading it a couple of hours ago.

I've put the 32bit one up for download in my server, 1 Terabyte of bandwidth is available, which should allow for plenty of downloads.

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Naruto... A big Happy Chinese New Year to you too :DLets hope the year of The Rat is lucky for all.( Actually I'm a Dragon by the Chinese zodiac ) Shout out your sign if you know it...

People are now getting 'snappy' and at times a little insulting... If they had bothered to frequent the forum before the download was offered they would have got a idea of the forums 'ethos'.. So please have some patience and most of all respect to the owners of the forum, who, I might add took quite a large risk in the first place in offering SP1.

I'm apparently one of many who discovered this forum yesterday, during a Google search for Vista SP 1. Though it was a bit too late to grab the file here, I did find a download that seemed to be genuine via bit torrent

Though I couldn't get the file here, many thanks to the forum moderators for leaving the MD5 checksum information available...I used this, awhile ago, to verify that the bit torrent file that was downloaded is indeed genuine. Now I can safely give this a try!

Hi and welcome

wh5916, glad you found forum info' usefull in your endevours. Hopefully it won't be too long before everyone has had a 'slice of the pie'.

Winnebago, your very welcome and please don't hesitate to ask if you need any more help/info.

briantokyo, thanks for shouldering some of the work it'll take some of the brunt off the forums servers..

I've put the 32bit one up for download in my server, 1 Terabyte of bandwidth is available, which should allow for plenty of downloads.

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Thanks to ALL for making this possible for us at such a short notice !

thanks for your efforts to upload the file
but i have a question:
vista sp1 rtm is supposedly Build 6001.18000
the file you uploaded is Build 6001.17028
i don't think its rtm

I just installed SP1 (Thanks briantokyo) and in the Registry the version reads as...

BuildLab = 6001.longhorn_rtm.080118-1840

BuildLabEx = 6001.18000.x86fre.longhorn_rtm.080118-1840

CSDBuildNumber = 1616

that is the installer version... it could be.. i am installing right now to see if its RC or RTM... We will know if i see dx10.1

I just installed SP1 (Thanks briantokyo) and in the Registry the version reads as...

BuildLab = 6001.longhorn_rtm.080118-1840

BuildLabEx = 6001.18000.x86fre.longhorn_rtm.080118-1840

CSDBuildNumber = 1616

what build does your windows media center software version show?

it's the one I downloaded from here. if someone wants to upload the x64 one ill give you ftp access.

Back
Top Bottom