Windows 8 [ Live tiles] how should they work?

StefaNafetS

Extraordinary Member
I just need a confirmation:
1)Does the photo tile show only the same 3-4 photos from your picture library even if you have tons of photos there?
2) does the Bing travel tile slideshowing the same destinations : Budapest, Rio, Paris all day
3) does the sport app and news app show the same photo all day and the same 3-4 news articles.
4)why the sports tiles does show photos only if you set your language and location to USA, UK etc. and not for your actual location and language in relation with your sport interests: Im not keen on american footbal or NBA or about premiere league only.
5) should I keep Bing. I mean a new photo easch day its more than nothing

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

The live tiles will cycle through a set amount of pages and with the news and sports app this will obviously change with the latest news etc..
As for Bing, it's entirely up to you. I use it as my home page but on a Chrome browser. Some of the images are just breath taking as well as having a decent search engine..

nope they dont cycle at all; they show the same 3-4 pictures from my picture library and there is nothing to set
How about the bing travel tile? After you see the same 3-4 destinations every day you kinda feel like uninstalled it or turning off.
Ive said I need a confirmation on that: arent you running these apps? can you confirm they show the same few images all the time?

Last edited by a moderator:
It does seem to cycle the same set of images unless it's a news or sports app which will then change with the different news etc. I mean they won't be doing a great deal anyway as it means using more resources. If you use Task manager to see how much RAM is being used you'll notice it's a very small amount for each app/Tile.

You can always turn the live function off by right clicking the offending Tile.

Back
Top Bottom